2011-2012 Application Cycle

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks so much, and good luck to you as well kangak1 and kslack! kslack, do you know where you'll be staying (or anyone else for that matter)? I'm trying to check out the hotels they suggested but everything seems to either be booked or super expensive ...

I'm staying with a friend, but I am familiar with the area so if you have any questions let me know - I would try priceline and hotels.com. Right off the top of my head, State plaza hotel is right on campus, and I know they have had some good deals in the past. I will let you know of some other good ones!

I'm staying with a friend, but I am familiar with the area so if you have any questions let me know - I would try priceline and hotels.com. Right off the top of my head, State plaza hotel is right on campus, and I know they have had some good deals in the past. I will let you know of some other good ones!

thank you!

Have you decided on a hotel? I tried to book at the DoubleTree right by the campus and the GWU Inn but they are both sold out for Thur and Fri night! I'll let you know if I find anything near the campus.

Noo, I haven't yet! I tried the Embassy Inn but they seemed really shady. I'm looking to only book for Friday night, but I was told that they'll hold my bags after checking out Saturday morning until I get back from the interview. I hope other places do that too!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok update....I ended up booking a hotel instead since my bf lives 30min outside DC and I dont want to risk being late. I booked at the Crystal City Hilton in Arlington (4 mi from GWU) for $60/night. I booked it through Expedia...the only downside is they dont disclose the name of the hotel until you book it, but if you look at the map you can figure out how far from the campus it is. I would recommend checking there first since most of the hotels in the area are averaging $150/night.

Just got my invite for the 24th as well today. I haven't responded to the RSVP yet, but will tomorrow. I was planning on getting the first flight in and the last flight out. Risky, but for work and financial reasons.....what time are we requested to be there?

For Sept 24: Check in 0730 and plan to stay until 1500. DCA is closest airport - the blue line on the metro has a stop by campus.

Archived