Graduation Plans & Clinical Experience Possibly Affecting My CASPA Application

I'm planning to complete my application for CASPA next year in April 2016 but I'm concerned that graduating in December 2016 and working on my application before I even finish my degree may impact my position as an applicant. My other concern is the amount of hours I'll have accumulated by the time I apply in April or May. By that time I'll have around 450 hours of patient to patient experience from volunteering at a local hospital, volunteering at a chiropractic facility working alongside a PT, and volunteering at an assistant living house. In February I'll be enrolled into a phlebotomy program and by the end of May I plan to get certified as a phlebotomist. Then that summer I'll be able to work as a phlebotomist for the next year in order to get more clinical experience. I could try graduating early by taking summer classes and getting my degree in August 2016 but I think with everything I have going on (with a phlebotomy program on top of that) it would be too much on my plate and could negatively impact my grades and GPA. 

I'm still in school graduating this semester and I have had plenty of love from programs this cycle. I don't think the fact that you are still in school makes much of a difference. You can tell Caspa on the application that you are still accumulating hours and will continue to do so. Good luck.

Archived