Strange Title for Human Anatomy and Physiology

In Western Washington University, the course title for the human anatomy and physiology sequence is odd. BIOL 348 is "Human Anatomy and Physiology" and BIOL 349 is "Human Physiology".

These are the links to the courses in the catalog:

http://catalog.wwu.e...d=11&coid=96356

http://catalog.wwu.e...d=11&coid=96357

Will PA schools have an issue with the way my university titled these courses and not accept them?

Also for some reason the BIOL 349 does not mention lab even though that class does include lab..

If anyone could give me advice regarding this that would be great!

• Administrator

If any schools have a problem with this, call and talk to a human.  Keep a copy of the syllabi of the two courses, scan them to PDF if you didn't already get them that way, and submit them as evidence that you have done a complete series, should such evidence ever be demanded.

If any schools have a problem with this, call and talk to a human.  Keep a copy of the syllabi of the two courses, scan them to PDF if you didn't already get them that way, and submit them as evidence that you have done a complete series, should such evidence ever be demanded.

So judging by the course descriptions up there these two courses are likely to fill in the human and anatomy prerequisites, despite their odd titles?

Most schools have a good idea of what A&P looks like, as the titles vary widly from school to school. They also usually can tell by the credit values if a lab was included. However, if ever in doubt, its best to ask the schools you are applying to directly. I would be more concerned if they were taken in a dept titled something wierd other than BIO. Some programs will not accept A&P taken out of the bio dept and there are some schools which have the A&P sequence located in a strangely named dept.

Archived