2011-2012 Application Year

Natacha, I would not worry, my caspa was mailed somewhere in september but did not hear anything until two weeks ago. Clearly it takes a while for the paperwork to clear desks which makes sense considering the numbers. No worries.

Meyerkl, never thought I would say this (I think it is a very random phrase) but it is true, they just want to get to know you in order to assess if you are fully aware of what it is you are getting yourself into. Everyone I talk to tells me that the program is very, very demanding as is the career field itself. They just want to figure out if you gave this whole PA thing enough thought so that you don't run away in horror 3 months after the program has started.

Good luck! I think that it ain't over until that dreaded letter or one day after the program has started. I heard that they call alternates right up until the last minute.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, thank you for the advice leaker037! Like I said, the interviews I have had so far have been pretty tough so it will be nice to have one that is a little more low stress . And Natacha, I sent out my CASPA in September but I actually did not select Nova as a school until mid october! I originally had to focus on getting classes completed for graduation at U of M so I did not think I'd be able to fit in one of Nova's pre-reqs. Then I was able to rearrange my schedule to fit everything in so I couldn't apply until VERY late. It sounded like they started reviewing my application at the end of October and I heard back about an interview a month after sending everything in. But for Ft. Myers I heard back within about two weeks.

I submitted today my caspa bc finally got my letter of rec today from the physician assistant, but it has obviously not mailed yet...do you think is too late to be asked for interviews :( i submitted the supplimentory today as well

if you're competitive and stand out.. you might get a late interview :)

definitely possible!

Was anyone else told that their microbio wouldn't be accepted? I applied to Jax, Orlando, and Ft. Meyers and only Orlando is saying they won't accept my micro because it didn't have a bio prefix in the course title. I got that credit from FSU and they are basically telling me that it isn't good enough. Plus, there is no where in my area that has a micro with a bio prefix...very frustrating.

mkl07: What is your microbiology course ID and #? Mine is MCB2010 plus the lab. I haven't received any e-mails stating that they weren't going to take it, but I think my application is still in limbo now. When did you apply? Could they be referring to the General Biology requirement?

Natcha: I called and talked to Pauline after receiving the email and I was told that MCB2010 was acceptable. I took MCB2004...there aren't any other MCB course except for a 4000 level prokaryotic class in my area, so I guess I won't be going to Orlando :/ She said it was up to the discretion of the applicant to take another course. I wish they would have stated which courses were acceptable on the website so I wouldn't have wasted my money, especially when all of the other Nova's accept the course I took. Oh well...

oh i so hope so, i have another question I submitted my secondaries before the primary's are sent out from caspa...however I see that fort myeres and jax show that they received the gre requirment however orlando and fort lauderdale does not list under the requirment the gre part? also they list bachelor transcript, i thought we sand that only to caspa, should i sand it to all the nova campuses?

oh i so hope so, i have another question I submitted my secondaries before the primary's are sent out from caspa...however I see that fort myeres and jax show that they received the gre requirment however orlando and fort lauderdale does not list under the requirment the gre part? also they list bachelor transcript, i thought we sand that only to caspa, should i sand it to all the nova campuses?

I was told that you should only send transcripts if you are accepted but in my case I just finished an outstanding course so I went ahead and sent in my transcript for them to mark my grade in that specific course.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just received an invite today. I had a choice to go the end of the month or february. I chose feb to give myself more time to prepare. For those of you who have already been accepted, how long did it take to hear back? How much time do you have in which to respond? And how much is the down payment?

Right now, I have three interviews withing ten days, not to mention im a full time grad student with presentations and exams to worry about and everything is conflicting. I don't know whats the best way to deal with this. Right now, Nova is my last interview of the three but it's my first choice. If I interview with Nova first, and hear back in time, then I wouldnt go to the other two interviews. Suggestions???

I just received an invite today. I had a choice to go the end of the month or february. I chose feb to give myself more time to prepare. For those of you who have already been accepted, how long did it take to hear back? How much time do you have in which to respond? And how much is the down payment?

Right now, I have three interviews withing ten days, not to mention im a full time grad student with presentations and exams to worry about and everything is conflicting. I don't know whats the best way to deal with this. Right now, Nova is my last interview of the three but it's my first choice. If I interview with Nova first, and hear back in time, then I wouldnt go to the other two interviews. Suggestions???

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived