2011-2012 Application Year

Wow! congrats to you all! That is a great turn around time to hear back! I will be interviewing in Orlando this coming week- on Thursday. Looking forward to it. It seems that all the NOVA campuses have a very relaxed atmosphere. I think it speaks well of the programs! Hope to see some current students on here that I can meet on the day. Also, I would love to talk with any that are currently attending and have children. See you soon!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would keep up with it- check in once a week. I had a a problem similar to that. It was eventually resolved, but I never was contacted when it was. I had to call them for confirmation. I think that the changes in the application process at Nova this cycle is causing some issues as they all adjust to new procedures. I was also rescheduled and it was very close to my interview date. I had to have them move it back because everything was already paid for as far as the trip was concerned. There were people that interviewd with me that never received a confirmation letter and were told a start time of 8:30 when it was 8 am! I had my confirmation letter in hand, but one locations didn't know I was coming and didn't have my file ready...There is definitely some gaps in the process but I think that they are trying to deal with it as best as they can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey cushball08 I guess I see you there on tuesday! I got an interview at 12 on that day, very exciting, my first interview for a PA program. well actually my very first interview in the States!

Four questions?! what kinds of questions can we expect? Do we have to study up for those??

Congrats to all of you that got in!!

Unfortunately, I completed my application late because I originally did not think I would be able to fit in a missing pre-req for Nova. So I was a bit worried about applying so late but I received an interview invite for January 9th! My other interviews so far have been pretty intimidating so I'm glad this one is a bit more relaxed!

Meyerkl, congrats on your interview! Would you mind telling when you applied? I also feel like I applied late (submitted CASPA on 9/26, mailed out on 10/21 to NOVA Orlando and 11/04 to NOVA Ft. Lauderdale) but have not heard back yet from any schools... Trying to be patient, though...

Natacha, I would not worry, my caspa was mailed somewhere in september but did not hear anything until two weeks ago. Clearly it takes a while for the paperwork to clear desks which makes sense considering the numbers. No worries.

Meyerkl, never thought I would say this (I think it is a very random phrase) but it is true, they just want to get to know you in order to assess if you are fully aware of what it is you are getting yourself into. Everyone I talk to tells me that the program is very, very demanding as is the career field itself. They just want to figure out if you gave this whole PA thing enough thought so that you don't run away in horror 3 months after the program has started.

Good luck! I think that it ain't over until that dreaded letter or one day after the program has started. I heard that they call alternates right up until the last minute.

Archived