Holes in medicine?

I am just starting my rotation portion of PA school, but we are supposed to do a graduate research project (master's thesis) in order to graduate. I have been having trouble coming up with topics on what I would like to research, and was wondering if maybe as professional and practicing PA's, you guys could suggest where you think there are some holes in medicine or where you find there to be a problem, and want more research? Is there a certain area that you feel like is understudied or we should look more into, after having more clinical experience?

Thank you!! Much appreciated.

care delivery in LTC (nursing homes) and how it is effected by having a PA located in the facilty (much less transports to the ER??)

Use of high tech imagining (CT) and it's overuse - long term projected complications of inducing CANCER

Where did the old family GP go?

is standardized medicine the answer? (having just had a 96yr old female STARTED on lipitor by the hospital for a TIA dx..... - what are we doing?)

rev- its supposed to be a meta analyses- preferably on something not as prominently known among providers so something that will come in handy when I go out and practice, ex- our teacher gave was obesity epidemic since its starting to get worse

ventana- thanks, i'll look into those! I esp like the use of high tech imaging and its complications topic.

I would love to see unbiased research on physician opinions of PAs in practice - more importantly, I want to know from where can we expect our support to come over the next 10 years? I think a lot has been published, but I don't know of a meta-analysis that has been done on this. The flip side to this, then, is answering the question: will PAs be on their own as far as professional support, advancement of the profession, and development of the roles PAs serve in the medical community?

Hope that helps springboard you.

Andrew

Archived