2011-2012 Application Cycle

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats on all those who have been accepted! It's been little over a week, and I have not yet heard a response on their decision. Those in my group have gotten accepted were notified this week, so I'm a bit anxious...we shall see...I'm trying to stay positive.

Have you interviewed anywhere else?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Congratulations to everybody who has been accepted! I have my interview next week on Tuesday the 15th and I am beginning to get very anxious. Any pointers? Thank you =)

My interview was very laid back, so try your best to relax and be sincere.

1) Know why you want to be a PA--don't complicate the answer.. just have a solid answer

2) Know your application--it will come up

3) Be prepared to defend any weaknesses and don't side step it. My Sophomore grades came up and I addressed it head on AND brought it up again (i.e. at the end of the interview) by asking them if they felt more comfortable with my abilities to succeed in PA school

4) Write thank you letters and know who is interviewing you. You have no idea how powerful this is

Good Luck!

When you write thank you letters who do you send them to? Do you send it general just to the program, or address it your specific interviewer?

I sent mine to all the faculty members I interacted with... Don't do it because I did it.. Do it because it's a form of professional courtesy :)

Archived