2011-2012 Application Cycle

Hey everyone- good luck to everyone who has interviews!

Quick question: I've taken microbiology but do not have the lab. I know some PA programs have overlooked that I didn't have the lab (or they just require Microbio without a lab) because I had a lot of other science courses completed. Does anyone know if NOVA would do the same or are they strict about the exact pre-reqs?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know interviews start next week on Tuesday. Just want to say good luck to everyone!!! Also, if you stay for the tour, it will end in one of our classrooms where a lot of us have lunch. This will give you an opportunity to meet and ask questions to current PA students. My advice, think of questions in advanced, write them down, and bring them with you. Nerves have a tendency to make you forget things :)

Interviewed today and found that the staff/faculty are very friendly, relaxed, professional, and I could feel (not just see it on paper) that they are "in it" for the students and hold this as a top priority. I was also impressed that the interview was tailored to my application and experiences. I KNEW that they were interested in me as a person, not just as stats, and how I could contribute to the program and that I would be successful. I really enjoyed the visit there, perhaps more than expected :) I wish anyone else interviewing as great of an experience as I had and much success. Now, just to sit on the edge of my seat and wait to hear back from an obviously great program!

On a side note- Ichernof, I am not sure which interviewee you were, but I enjoyed everyone's company and it was good to meet you!

Archived