Has anyone heard anything?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all,

I sent in my CASPA about 4 weeks after it was available and returned the supplemental within about a week. I got an invite in September-ish for the Oct. 20th spot. When I got to the school (late for the interview because my shuttle took the wrong person to the college [who was another applicant :)]), the campus seemed like a good place to be. There is enough for weekend fun but mostly it is a place where you can study without distractions. The staff was great. The interviews were 15-20 mins long and it was really just a convo between the two of you. They asked the pretty standard Q's such as why you want to be a PA and what were your most difficult struggles and pretty much no surprises. I told them my story and tried to remain comfortable. Making people laugh is kinda my thing so I tried to keep a professional yet comfortable conversation. After the interview I sent emails to each interviewer and the staff I spoke with saying thanks. I also got to speak with a bunch of the PA first years and they are all very helpful and encouraging. I really hope I get in and i'm glad that they let you know within a week or so. Good luck to everyone interviewing and don't give up!!! If it were easy everyone would be a PA/Doctor/NP etc.

Hey all,

I sent in my CASPA about 4 weeks after it was available and returned the supplemental within about a week. I got an invite in September-ish for the Oct. 20th spot. When I got to the school (late for the interview because my shuttle took the wrong person to the college [who was another applicant :)]), the campus seemed like a good place to be. There is enough for weekend fun but mostly it is a place where you can study without distractions. The staff was great. The interviews were 15-20 mins long and it was really just a convo between the two of you. They asked the pretty standard Q's such as why you want to be a PA and what were your most difficult struggles and pretty much no surprises. I told them my story and tried to remain comfortable. Making people laugh is kinda my thing so I tried to keep a professional yet comfortable conversation. After the interview I sent emails to each interviewer and the staff I spoke with saying thanks. I also got to speak with a bunch of the PA first years and they are all very helpful and encouraging. I really hope I get in and i'm glad that they let you know within a week or so. Good luck to everyone interviewing and don't give up!!! If it were easy everyone would be a PA/Doctor/NP etc.

That's for the post! Good luck to you! :)

This is sooo nervewrecking waiting to hear back after the interview. I hope notifications go out soon to relieve some of this stress! lol

Jordy05,

I know some people got an acceptance offer for the Oct. 20th interview (about a week after). Whenever I interviewed, I was told that you hear within a week or so if you are accepted, wait listed, or denied. If you are wait listed, you actually have a good chance at getting in so don't become discouraged. I think turning in the CASPA and secondary early helps your chances out a lot!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys congrats to everyone that has received an interview. I just submitted my CASPA app and supplemental close to the deadline so I probably wont be getting an invitation any time soon. How are interview invites being sent out?

In case you aren't accepted anywhere this cycle, be sure to apply as early as possible after the next cycle opens. Most schools have rolling admissions so a class may be full even though the school's deadline hasn't arrived.

Quantum,

I am going to practice answering these questions (below) and practice answering why I would work well with physicians (team player), why patients would want me to care for them, and the like. I go on Thurs and my heart has been pounding for a week. :)

Common questions that I know have been asked in the past...

"What would you do if you disagree with a Doctor?"

"Tell me about an ethical situation you were involved in."

"Tell me about your self."

"Tell me about an achievement you are proud of."

"Why do you think you would make a good PA?"

"What would someone else tell me about you?"

• 3 weeks later...

Archived