Has anyone heard anything?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thompson it sounds like you are not the first person they have talked to about this, and they don't know quite what to say. Perhaps they are just tired of fielding the calls and giving out the old "March" standby LOL. I was originally told they moved the deadline to compete with the other schools for prime candidates, but it seems to be backfiring on them. I know of some other people that have been notified of interviews and/or acceptance already, and some people are looking at the fact that an acceptance in hand is worth taking over something that is not a sure thing. I know of two people that have already withdrawn from consideration because of this. Either way the decision was made to push the date back. Personally Tech is my first choice but everyone has that nagging warning in the back of their mind if they refuse an interview or wait to long to respond to an offer. The committee isn't stupid and knows this. We just have to give the bureaucracy enough time to go through the paperwork. It sucks, but that is life LOL.

Perhaps we will be talking about this in a couple of years to the underclassmen below us. I know this exact thing happened to me when I applied for nuclear med school, and it took about a month longer than stated to hear about interviews.

I guess since I am the evil one of the group, I get to go last. Everyone I know so far is in November..... LOL Lets keep each other informed because I owe some people drinks of their choice here, especially since we have been keeping each other in the loop on these things. From what I have heard invites will still be flowing up to Wednesday as well.

Wow! You sound like a great candidate Thompson group. Keep checking your email. They interview ~120 (pretty sure) and only do like 10 interviews a day... So statistically speaking your still OK! That's what I tell myself at least! Don't get discouraged!

If you want some background stats on me...

3.95 GPA (4.0 in Nursing and 3.98 in Science)

Completing my Bachelor's in Nursing

Lots of healthcare and PA job shadowing experience

Volunteer hours at local organizations

West Texas Resident (Important b/c the school has a goal to improve rural West Texas HC)

TTTUHSC Alum

Keep your head up jlheat! It is still really early like a few posters said. I don't know about you but I would worry myself sick over things like this! Honestly, we have NO IDEA what goes on through the adcom's head. The dates could be randomly assigned to all qualified candidates for all we know :) Don't get discouraged!!!

I received an email yesterday for an interview on Nov. 10. I'm going to decline it because I've already got accepted to a closer school. Midland's about 6hours away from me. Hopefully one of you will get my interview seat. I'll come back and repost my stats because I'm on vacation right now and am posting from my phone. Good luck to everyone.

Thanks guys.. I am thinking Interview dates are just luck of the draw. Who knows there may be a hat on someones desk that they are pulling from. Good luck to everyone. I just thought I was nervous waiting on the invite. lol

Not a big Harry Potter fan, but got a sudden flash of the sorting hat when I read that. Seems kind of fitting in this case LOL.....

The first date is Oct 20, so those of you who are coming in on the 27th are really in luck. From what I know, some of our class found out pretty immediately and others didn't hear for months. Our interview timeline was probably a little bit different because last year's apps weren't due until December.

For anyone flying in and needing a shuttle from the airport, I recommend Midland Shuttle Services. The owner is fantastic and gave me lots of details on Midland during the ride to my hotel!

Also, don't stress too much about the interview. They'll tell you that they're just trying to get to know you, and they mean it. The hard part was getting the interview, and you have that behind you. Now they just want to see that you're a good fit for the program.

Someone mentioned putting some weight on being from this part of the state. For those of you who aren't, don't sweat it. Our class comes from all over -- Dallas, Houston, Austin, El Paso, Georgia, California, Utah, etc.

I can't wait to see you guys on interview day! Best of luck!

Archived