Has anyone heard anything?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jlheat, thanks for sharing the info. I am thinking that it might have been just a case of a little over ambitious date. You know what they say about the best laid plans. But it seems they just keep pushing things back. Prior to this they were suppose start setting up interviews in September for October. Hopefully the ball will get rolling soon.....

Midland said when they originally set the date at Sept. 1, they were hoping to get a jump on other programs and get early applicants that hadn't applied to other schools. She said they received a very low number of applicants (regardless of good or bad) because few people knew of the Sept. 1 deadline and so they pushed the deadline back to give more people time to apply. She said they are hoping to start interviewing in October, but no dates have been set.

Congrats kangak1!!!! May I ask when you turned in your stuff to them? I am just trying to figure out if you are on the early side or the later side. Zendyy I am right there waiting with you. But at least they have started the process!

Flights are not as easy to come by. I just decided I would drive should I get an interview, but I also live in Texas.

Well I am thinking differently about the whole issue. So far I have only heard of one interview invite, but I am open to being wrong about that. When you look at that invite that person lives on the East Coast, or at least appears to via their posts. It would make sense to notify them first due to logistical concerns. Of course things could be as simple as a couple of people getting a stack and just not making it through it yet. I have to admit that it is unusual for only one person to report back when interviews start. It has been my experience it is usually 3 or 4 that get the invite around the same time. This is especially odd considering the amount of people I know of that have all the qualities (GPA, Experience, ETC...) that haven't invited for an interview yet. Perhaps I am over reaching but it makes sense to comb through the out of state people first. In truth all we can do is give it some time and see what happens and share any info we come across. To be honest I am not panicking yet, especially since there are people that I consider equal or more qualified that haven't heard a peep either.

Thanks Neo.. I am usually more optimistic and I was thinking they may be filling the out of state first because when I called them a few weeks ago I thought it was Oct when they were sending out.. And I agree when they start sending interviews the post in the past has lit up.. I guess the anxiety comes from the date change..I'm glad this forum is here so we all have support from everyone. Good luck to all of us. :)

Archived