Has anyone heard anything?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have a rolling invite an admissions process at Tech. Don't worry too much, the first interviews are beginning later this month. When I applied last year to Tech, I submitted my application on the day of the deadline and still got an invite and acceptance.

Thank you for the advice. It is nice to see some of the students at Tech posting. I know we were all happy to finally here something after the wait.

They start sending letters right away. You should hear either way by a week or so after the interview. Applicants whe are selected right away should get an email the next day and a letter to follow. Waitlist applicants should get a letter from the school in a few days to about a week. Wait list applicants have a very good chance of getting in due to the fact that many schools send acceptance letters after Tech and therefore many students holding a slot in case they don't get in to their #1 choice give that slot up. Good luck!

Good luck to those of you interviewing this week! Remember that this is a "get to know you" interview. They want to see that you can hold an intelligent conversation and, more than anything, that you feel like this program fits you. Mr. Maxwell admits that the program is at a disadvantage due to location, so the interview is a good chance for you to see if you can handle good ol' West Texas!

If anyone has any questions about the program, housing, moving, Midland, interviewing, etc., feel free to PM me (or any of the rest of us). We're glad to help!

Good luck to those of you interviewing this week! Remember that this is a "get to know you" interview. They want to see that you can hold an intelligent conversation and, more than anything, that you feel like this program fits you. Mr. Maxwell admits that the program is at a disadvantage due to location, so the interview is a good chance for you to see if you can handle good ol' West Texas!

If anyone has any questions about the program, housing, moving, Midland, interviewing, etc., feel free to PM me (or any of the rest of us). We're glad to help!

If you can tell some generic interview question will very helpful. Who will conduct the interview? Faculty from Lubbock or in Midland? Thanks a lot.

If you can tell some generic interview question will very helpful. Who will conduct the interview? Faculty from Lubbock or in Midland? Thanks a lot.

I can only say what is just common sense. Know about the profession you want to be part of, as well things about the school / program you want to attend. Ask a pointed question or two. Basically just do the homework on yourself and the profession. From what I have understood it will be 3 mini interviews (15-20 min) with "getting to know you, getting to know us in mind." But this is all general knowledge that I have been told. Memorizing canned answers to questions that may or may not be asked is not the best way to go. From what I told it isn't a mental chess match they are looking for, but what kind of things honestly drive you and how they fit in the totality of the program. By now this should be old news to everyone.... :xD:

Archived