Has anyone heard anything?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recieved the following email 7/26:

Thank you for your application to the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Physician Assistant Studies program. We have received your application from CASPA and have completed a preliminary evaluation of required prerequisite courses necessary for admission into the program. You have completed all of the apllication requirements.

The Physician Assistant program will conduct interviews on a rolling basis as completed applications are received and reviewed. You will be contacted as to whether or not you have been invited for an interview. Interviews will be held in Midland on a rolling basis as completed applications are received and reviewed, until the class has been filled.

We look forward to working with you.

Hope that helps..

• 2 weeks later...

We haven't seen any interviewees on campus yet, but the new semester has only been in session for a little more than a week. BIG recommendation: when you get your interview time, book a room at a hotel right away. Don't wait! It is next to impossible to find unreserved hotel rooms on short notice during the week in Midland, mainly because of the oil market right now.

I did notice that instead of the September 1st deadline for the supplemental application that they had, the website has moved it back to December 1st. I do remember seeing it was moved up, but I know that CASPA still has Tech locked out since they told them September 1st. Anyone else notice this?

I did notice that instead of the September 1st deadline for the supplemental application that they had, the website has moved it back to December 1st. I do remember seeing it was moved up, but I know that CASPA still has Tech locked out since they told them September 1st. Anyone else notice this?

CASPA doesn't have Tech locked out. I changed my mind and decided to apply to Tech on Sept 2 and CASPA allowed me to.

Hmm I stand corrected then. A friend of mine said he was applying and couldn't find it. I just went there and it looks like they changed it to 12/1/11. I called CASPA and they confirmed that it was changed at the request of the program. I know some of us found it odd that they put September 1st as the deadline, but no one had heard anything.

I remember talking to one of the admissions advisers for the program, and she knew about the change in date. Her name was Amanda Hothan. Plus it was all over their web site as well. I suppose anything could happen, but I am thinking that they changed the date. CASPA does not change due dates without the right persons say so. I guess if this was true perhaps it was just an over ambitious date, or maybe they didn't get enough applications? I am sure we will eventually find out one way or another.

Archived