Any news yet?

Hey Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything yet from Emory regarding interviews/rejections? I receieved the standard "we've received your app" email but nothing past that! It looks like in the past few years interview invites have started going out as early as mid July. The waiting game is killing me!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing yet...I received an e-mail several weeks ago that my CASPA application was received. I submitted my supplemental about 2 weeks ago and still have not received a confirmation. I e-mailed Fran last week but she has been out of the office so I am still waiting to hear back as to whether they received it or not. Hopefully they did and are just super busy reviewing applications. Going through last cycles posts there seems to be a lot of variation on wait time, some were waiting a few weeks and others several months. I'm trying not to stress too much just yet, but its hard...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey People!

I'm a member of the class of 2013. Just surfing the blogosphere regarding NHSC stuff, but I thought I would do my best to allay your fears. I didn't receive my offer of an interview last year until August 13th and, if I recall correctly, I was on the very first interview day. I know the wait is painful, but definitely don't start stressing yet. The program was rearranged a bit this year and classes started 2 weeks ago...the admissions team also runs orientation for the most part and they've been pretty swamped.

Best of luck!

Courtney

• 3 weeks later...

There are a lot of posts on the forum with good advice. I would say the most important thing is to be relaxed and be yourself. They have already determined you have the qualifications for their program, now its just a matter of getting a feel for you as a person and making sure you are a good fit. Good Luck!

When did you receive your invite?

The best advice I can give to you is to be yourself. As DDIAZ028 said, you would not be sitting in the interview if you weren't qualified for it. As the director of admissions says in his open houses, it's about fit: you being a fit for the program and in turn the programming being a good fit for you. In terms of specifics about the interview (which has been asked in previous threads), those can not be shared and need to remain that way. Remember, this isn't just an interview, it's also an opportunity for you to learn more about the program, see the school, and to decide whether or not it's a place where you want to be if you're offered admission. Best of luck to those interviewing!

MARTA would be the cheapest, but you would have to get on a bus or 2 in order to get to Emory Inn. If you take MARTA north from the airport to the Georgia State stop, you can catch the free Emory Cliff bus from there, but it only runs for a certain period of time, so that would be dependent upon when your flight gets in. A cab would be the easiest and most direct way but would be more expensive. You don't really need a rental car since you will be within walking distance to campus. Least amount of stress and confusion = taxi.

http://emory.transloc.com/

Archived