2011-2012 Applicants

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm still waiting to hear back too! I called and they said that they were doing interviews up until March. Also they said that there are 55 spots open, however they will accept 80 people...
what does that mean?

55 spots open and that they will accept 80??? Their class size is 55.. that is all.. they will not accept more than that because that would mean they could potentially have a huge class they didnt want..

what does that mean?

55 spots open and that they will accept 80??? Their class size is 55.. that is all.. they will not accept more than that because that would mean they could potentially have a huge class they didnt want..

I think some schools overaccept because they know some people will deny their spot since they have chosen to attend another school. That's what I'm thinking at least. I still haven't heard back for an interview either... :( Since March is tomorrow, I have very little hope that I will receive an interview at this point.

I think some schools overaccept because they know some people will deny their spot since they have chosen to attend another school. That's what I'm thinking at least. I still haven't heard back for an interview either... :( Since March is tomorrow, I have very little hope that I will receive an interview at this point.

I'm losing hope as well, I emailed them to find out when they will stop interviewing, still waiting to hear back.

what does that mean?

Exactly what wowitschewy said.

Exactly what wowitschewy said.

I dont think so.. waitlists are used as a backup in case accepted candidates do not choose their program. Why would unnecessarily potentially get themselves in a pickle by having to enroll more than they wished.. something doesnt sound right.. and there would be no need for a waitlist also, if that was the case, hmm idk..

I dont think so.. waitlists are used as a backup in case accepted candidates do not choose their program. Why would unnecessarily potentially get themselves in a pickle by having to enroll more than they wished.. something doesnt sound right.. and there would be no need for a waitlist also, if that was the case, hmm idk..

That's just what the admissions person I called had told me. Not all schools use that tactic. Some schools over accept because they really WANT that student. So, rather than putting them on the wait list, they accept the student. I don't know why you would be concerned with the school getting themselves in a "pickle" when it could be more chances for someone to be accepted? I like those odds better anyways.

That's just what the admissions person I called had told me. Not all schools use that tactic. Some schools over accept because they really WANT that student. So, rather than putting them on the wait list, they accept the student. I don't know why you would be concerned with the school getting themselves in a "pickle" when it could be more chances for someone to be accepted? I like those odds better anyways.

Archived