Tried my hardest to finish up prereqs this year........but I will have to take Chem 2 in spring of 2010!

Should I even apply to Sophie Davis as I will not complete this prereq till june of 2010?

I desperately want to start in 2010 and am limited to NYC metro area........

No statistics taken

No GRE

No 1000 hr volunteer as some require

Take your classes first and make sure to get good grades. Fight to get that 'A' it will help you. Do not limit yourself to only one program. Its like looking for a drop of water in the desert. NY has many programs available. Keep in mind that a large number of qualified students apply to the PA program in each school. It will be a waist of your time and money to apply if you are not ready, takeit from me. They always pick the qualified students first, and there many of those.

Take your time and finish classes with good grade. this is my advise to you. good luck

I am now in the same situation as I will be taking chem 2 in the spring. I spoke to the program director, and she informed me that there are no exceptions to the rule, all prerequisites must be completed prior to applying. Good luck with your classes and hopefully we both can apply Fall 2010

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I am really confused about the prereqs. Different colleges need different prereqs and I am confused. can you please tell me what all prereqs I should take,so that I can apply to several schools? I just started now,with Chemistry 1 and A and P1. I have a bachelors degree. Please advice me!

Hello Saju,

You will be safe taking the following that will qualify you to many programs, as long as you keep you GPA high.

Biology I and II with Labs

General Chemistry I and II with Labs

A&P I and II with Labs

Microbiolgy with Lab

Organic Chem I with Lab

Statistics

General Psychology

English Composition I and II

You will be more competetive if you take the following other classes

Organic Chem II with Lab or Biochemistry

Genetics

Pathophysiology

Immunology

Pharmacology

If I wanted to take some of these. I would concentrate on Organic Chem II with Lab and Genetics or Biochemistry

Also keep in mind that these will also open other doors for you to some other good medical programs.

Good Luck

• 1 year later...
I am now in the same situation as I will be taking chem 2 in the spring. I spoke to the program director, and she informed me that there are no exceptions to the rule, all prerequisites must be completed prior to applying. Good luck with your classes and hopefully we both can apply Fall 2010

hello! did you apply for Fall'10? i'm interested in applying for the program but I dont have any of the science pre-reqs. What shall I do? Should I apply into City College - major in a sci or just go for the fine arts school, take all the prereqs and THEN apply for the PA program?

• 1 year later...

Archived