Welcome EVMS PA class of 2012

Guest mattoxbk

Cool about the wc ceremony. Does anyone know when classes start??? I don't think I will make it to the meet and greet unfortunately, but I'm certainly excited to meet all of you soon!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everybody! It's been a while since I've been on the forum so it's nice to finally catch up. I hope I will be able to make it to at least part of the meet and greet on Jan 2nd. I am co-hosting a baby shower for my sister-in-law that day (yay!) so we will see how it goes! I really can't wait to meet every one. Oh, by the way, Tarek!-- I met a friend of yours, Paul. He just started working in the emergency room at Maryview with me. He's a trip. He made fun of me for have a EVMS retractable ID badge clippy thing... I think it's cool.

Happy holidays everyone!!!! Try not to get stressed about the small stuff we need to conserve our energy!!

jenna

OK Cindee, I can see you're going to be one of those type-A planners!:D

Professor Dempsey is finalizing the schedule for orientation, so by next week you should be getting a copy of the orientation schedule and the schedule template for the first semester from Rose.

Spring semester schedules have some gaps that you don't have in summer and fall, because we are juggling two on campus classes with some space limitations.

Just a suggestion, but many students with families find they they do best if they stay at school from 8a to 4 or 5p every day to get all of their work done. Then when they get home it is family time. Everyone's situation is different, so do what you know works for you. But you may benefit from carving out some time daily for school.

At any rate, enjoy your remaining free time and have a great holiday season.

Dr. Parish

Hey everybody! It's been a while since I've been on the forum so it's nice to finally catch up. I hope I will be able to make it to at least part of the meet and greet on Jan 2nd. I am co-hosting a baby shower for my sister-in-law that day (yay!) so we will see how it goes! I really can't wait to meet every one. Oh, by the way, Tarek!-- I met a friend of yours, Paul. He just started working in the emergency room at Maryview with me. He's a trip. He made fun of me for have a EVMS retractable ID badge clippy thing... I think it's cool.

Happy holidays everyone!!!! Try not to get stressed about the small stuff we need to conserve our energy!!

jenna

Hey small world Jenna. Paul is awesome! He is one of my favorite people. He is really bright and he is going to make a heck of a physician one day. Just don't tell him I said that...we have to keep his feet on the ground.:D

Also, he is just jealous that he doesn't have a cool EVMS retractable ID badge clippy thing. I mean they don't give those to just ANYBODY;).

Hope to meet you at Azar's.

OK Cindee, I can see you're going to be one of those type-A planners!:D

Professor Dempsey is finalizing the schedule for orientation, so by next week you should be getting a copy of the orientation schedule and the schedule template for the first semester from Rose.

Spring semester schedules have some gaps that you don't have in summer and fall, because we are juggling two on campus classes with some space limitations.

Just a suggestion, but many students with families find they they do best if they stay at school from 8a to 4 or 5p every day to get all of their work done. Then when they get home it is family time. Everyone's situation is different, so do what you know works for you. But you may benefit from carving out some time daily for school.

At any rate, enjoy your remaining free time and have a great holiday season.

Dr. Parish

Dr. Parish ~ Thank you for the wonderful advice! I received my schedule via email this morning. It is a relief to know and now I can start planning! :D I'm hoping, if you have a moment, that you will stop by our Meet & Greet on Jan. 4th! If not, I look forward to seeing you on the 4th! Have a blessed holiday season!

Cindee :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hope everyone has a very, merry Christmas! And enjoy the remainder of your respite...soon the games will begin. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Cindee :-)

Thanks Cindee, the same to you and yours.

I was so happy to see a very cool Littman cardiology III stethoscope under the tree this year. I can't wait till that day when my skills as a PA somewhat match the sophistication of this thing. Until then, its like giving a highly-tuned sportscar to a 15 year old with a learner's permit. :p

It seems the xmas presents theme for me this year was "beginner PA student." It was kind of funny.

Anyway, looks like one week left and then down to business!

Have safe and happy new year and see everyone very soon.

• 1 year later...

Archived