Welcome EVMS PA class of 2012

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Everyone!

I guess I am a little late getting on these forums, but I wanted to introduce myself anyway... I am Benjamin Mattox 22yom from Richmond, VA. I went to VCU and I am extremely excited to come to EVMS. I hope everyone is doing well and resting well before the program begins in Jan. Quick question - Does anyone know the date of orientation?

Thanks!

Whats up Tarek!

Ben

Hey Ben! Guess you found us...Well it won't be long now.

Hope everyone is enjoying life

Guest mattoxbk

Haha I guess I was on late. I have been trying to enjoy myself before school starts. I am going to China Dec 13 - Dec 30 so I will be truly pushing it before school starts. That kinda why I am trying to figure out exactly when we should be in Norfolk and settled.

Ben

Haha I guess I was on late. I have been trying to enjoy myself before school starts. I am going to China Dec 13 - Dec 30 so I will be truly pushing it before school starts. That kinda why I am trying to figure out exactly when we should be in Norfolk and settled.

Ben

Wow China! That sounds phenomenal! You should just about be getting over your jetlag when classes start. HA!

I would say you want to be settled as close to Jan 4 as possible. I think I heard that we have gross anatomy class that starts that afternoon.:eek:

So needless to say, they don't waste any time.

Guest mattoxbk
Wow China! That sounds phenomenal! You should just about be getting over your jetlag when classes start. HA!

I would say you want to be settled as close to Jan 4 as possible. I think I heard that we have gross anatomy class that starts that afternoon.:eek:

So needless to say, they don't waste any time.

Well, so be it. China is China.

Hey guess what I just heard?????? They are changing the program so that Patho and Gross Anatomy are pass/fail! Okay, so nothing is in stone and it can't be held against me if I'm way off, but be excited anyway just at the thought! 70 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!!!!!! Did everyone get their mentors???? Everything working out for those that have to move? Why is everyone so quiet??!! Who's going to Baxter's????

Guest mattoxbk

Oh wow that's sweet about those classes!! I was wondering if anyone was looking to save a few bucks and room up with me for the first year. I'm pretty easy going and I'm just going to study forever anyway and it would be nice to have someone to room with in case I ever oversleep or have questions. Let me know soon! I'm not judgemental except you can't be a slob!

My phone number and email are 571 435 0134, mattoxbk@VCU.edu

HAHAH , cindee you're so excited!! I did get my mentor email today and I think i used the same amount of exclamation marks in my response to her as you did in that post. lol. I wish I was going to Baxter's but I cant because I have to work. --bummer. But have fun!! And thanks for answering my financial aid questions! YAAAAAAAAAAAYYY! i can't wait! We are almost there!!!:)

I have not heard from my mentor as of yet, maybe they can't pronounce my first name. HA! It's pronounced "tear-rick" if anyone cares.

Anyway, just curious if anyone has heard from EVMS about their FAFSA award letters? Is it supposed to take this long? I guess I just want to make sure all the financial stuff is taken care of asap. I do know we won't get our financial aid checks until the first week of Jan.

So make sure Jan mortgage/rent is covered.

Tarek

Hey all,

I talked to financial aid today. They said they have worked out the awards for most of the students. Some do not have all of their info. in yet. The first week of Nov. is when they told me they would send out the award packets. So, keep you fingers crossed for me. I think it will be tight for me and my family. Does anybody know anyone who got private loans on top of their feds? This is a source of stress for me.

Anyway, looking at a place to stay. I think we will rent for 6 months and get to know the area before we buy. We found a place called "Alexander at Ghent".

It looks like a really nice place, close to everything. They have some move-in specials that will make rent approx. 1,300/mo. with utilities. It seems like that is close to the going rate for 2 bed appartments close to school. Does that sound right to you locals? I am concerned for my family. I want this to be as convenient as possible for them. This is a source of stress for me.

Sorry about the long winded post. I am excited for school. Bring it on, right?

Be well,

Kenny

Hey all,

I talked to financial aid today. They said they have worked out the awards for most of the students. Some do not have all of their info. in yet. The first week of Nov. is when they told me they would send out the award packets. So, keep you fingers crossed for me. I think it will be tight for me and my family. Does anybody know anyone who got private loans on top of their feds? This is a source of stress for me.

Anyway, looking at a place to stay. I think we will rent for 6 months and get to know the area before we buy. We found a place called "Alexander at Ghent".

It looks like a really nice place, close to everything. They have some move-in specials that will make rent approx. 1,300/mo. with utilities. It seems like that is close to the going rate for 2 bed appartments close to school. Does that sound right to you locals? I am concerned for my family. I want this to be as convenient as possible for them. This is a source of stress for me.

Sorry about the long winded post. I am excited for school. Bring it on, right?

Be well,

Kenny

I hear ya Kenny. Stress is right buddy and I only have a fiance to worry about.

Alexander in Ghent is nice. I think it is really recent construction as well. Good choice and if I were you renting is probaby the way to go until you figure things out. Price is about standard for that area/size apartment.

Thanks about the financial aid update. I have asked so many questions of that office I am sure they run when they see me coming. And I've worked at EVMS for 8 years. :o

Let me know if I can help.

Tarek

Guest mattoxbk

Yeah so I heard from my mentor today. It is great that we have an opportunity to have a mentor ESP with all the strRessors!!!! Haha I too am having a lot of anxiety about money a place to stay etc but it will all work out fine I'm sure. I have not heard back

from the fin aid office but they stopped bothering me about all my errors so I am assuming everything is Pending on their end. Everyone take care! I'm off to a bed and breakfast for

the next few days you all should do the same!!!

Yeah so I heard from my mentor today. It is great that we have an opportunity to have a mentor ESP with all the strRessors!!!! Haha I too am having a lot of anxiety about money a place to stay etc but it will all work out fine I'm sure. I have not heard back

from the fin aid office but they stopped bothering me about all my errors so I am assuming everything is Pending on their end. Everyone take care! I'm off to a bed and breakfast for

the next few days you all should do the same!!!

Good for you! I wish I could do the same! I need the rest away from all this rest...(not really rest...painting, organizing, cleaning and trying to get my children geared to not having mom do EVERYTHING) it's making me stressed out! heehee! Thanks everyone for the financial aid info. I haven't called them yet and I haven't heard anything so I may call today just to make sure. I feel for all that have to move and hope the transition goes well. Just starting this program is enough in of itself, then moving family too...well, that's a whole new ballgame. Speaking of which, go Yankees! Tarek, maybe they figure you're an old pro and don't need a mentor! I'm sure everyone will be contacted soon! Have a wonderful Halloween everyone! :-)

Good for you! I wish I could do the same! I need the rest away from all this rest...(not really rest...painting, organizing, cleaning and trying to get my children geared to not having mom do EVERYTHING) it's making me stressed out! heehee! Thanks everyone for the financial aid info. I haven't called them yet and I haven't heard anything so I may call today just to make sure. I feel for all that have to move and hope the transition goes well. Just starting this program is enough in of itself, then moving family too...well, that's a whole new ballgame. Speaking of which, go Yankees! Tarek, maybe they figure you're an old pro and don't need a mentor! I'm sure everyone will be contacted soon! Have a wonderful Halloween everyone! :-)

Yeah Cindee well you are half right.

Old. Yes. :D

Pro. No.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Guest mattoxbk

Pro. No.

Haha thats great. Happy Halloween everyone!

Pro. No.

I checked your profile and thank goodness it doesn't show age (cuz now I know mine doesn't either)! But, puhleeeassseee you are not old! As a matter of fact, let's make a pact to not discuss age...only state of mind. I'm really young!

Punkin carving today y'all!!!!!!!!!!

What about this "Facebook" thing? I thought it was just for the younger generation. I was born in the 70's, the late 70's. Am I too old for a facebook account? My wife has one and I must admit that it all seems like a great way to keep in touch with people.

I may have shown my utter lack of knowledge in todays pop culture with this post, but please let me know your thoughts on facebook.

What about this "Facebook" thing? I thought it was just for the younger generation. I was born in the 70's, the late 70's. Am I too old for a facebook account? My wife has one and I must admit that it all seems like a great way to keep in touch with people.

I may have shown my utter lack of knowledge in todays pop culture with this post, but please let me know your thoughts on facebook.

Okay, well, I'm quite a few years older than you and I have a FB account. They also have one for our class: EVMS PA Class of 2012. It's a great way to see what's new. It's been great for me b/c I've been able to stay in touch with my college buddies and it's easier. I think you'll probably find it useful.

Guest mattoxbk

So apparently, most of the award letters are going out this week. I just put in a application to an apt on drummond pl so hopefully that works out. Also, does anyone know anything about the HPSP scholarship for the navy? I just put in my application for the scholarship and im a little anxious to see what happens.

So apparently, most of the award letters are going out this week. I just put in a application to an apt on drummond pl so hopefully that works out. Also, does anyone know anything about the HPSP scholarship for the navy? I just put in my application for the scholarship and im a little anxious to see what happens.

Has anyone received their award letters?

negatory.

No award letter and no mentor.:confused:

I am a little disapointed we havn't heard anything. Financial aid told me the first week of Nov.

On a side note, I got an email requesting my coat size and how I want my name displayed on my badge. Awesome!

Tarek, I will be your mentor!!

I am a little disapointed we havn't heard anything. Financial aid told me the first week of Nov.

On a side note, I got an email requesting my coat size and how I want my name displayed on my badge. Awesome!

Tarek, I will be your mentor!!

Done and done Kenny!

Sweet. :D

negatory.

No award letter and no mentor.:confused:

Did you fill out the survey? Maybe you're just so extraordinary they haven't found a match!

I'm stalking my mailman and checking my mail every second. Wish it would get here...at least before I buy Christmas presents!

Did you fill out the survey? Maybe you're just so extraordinary they haven't found a match!

I'm stalking my mailman and checking my mail every second. Wish it would get here...at least before I buy Christmas presents!

yeah I filled out the survey the first or second day.

Maybe because I asked for a mentor who can loan me 120k? Ha!

Archived