CASPA Coursework

Hello! I have a question about entering coursework into CASPA. I have taken courses that include lab in the class but do not state it in the name. EX: General Biology 101 (4 cr.)... this class included lecture and lab. My question is, would just enter it just like that or should I put the lab as a separate course (even though it was one class)? Also, if I put the lab course as a separate course how many credits do I put? THANKS

I know CASPA is very particular about having you enter your coursework exactly as it appears on your trancripts. Not doing so may lead to them holding your application while they sort it out. I would give them a call and ask, they are very willing to answer questions.

Now that you're on your way to pursuing grad school, it's important that you begin to take initiative and have attention to detail. These forums are a great resource but are not the first place you should be looking to get answers to this type of question. I will do the legwork for you(which took me roughly 20 seconds) but hope that you will, in the future, try a bit harder. You should read the CASPA FAQ thoroughly before beginning your application. This is your future we're talking about.

[h=3]Q: How do I list Lab courses?[/h]A: If your TRANSCRIPT lists labs separately, then they must be listed separately on your application as well. Please record the lab as it appears on your transcript, with the title, prefix/number, amount of credits, and grade given. If your transcript combines lab/lecture courses into one class on a transcript, they should be reported as one entry on your application.

The following will happen should you try to list labs separately when they don't appear on your transcript as such:

[h=3]ERRORS TO THE COURSEWORK SECTION:[/h]CASPA will verify the course information you report in your application against your official transcripts. If more then four mistakes are found, your application will be undelivered back to you and CASPA will e-mail you to make the necessary corrections. If you fail to properly enter all of your courses, your application will be delayed, which may hinder the timely delivery of your application to your designated program(s). Please see the “Undelivering the Application” section of our FAQs for more information.

Archived