Passed PANRE!

Just found out I passed PANRE! I took it on Saturday, so quick turn around. I did not feel confident about the test on Saturday. I didn't think I failed it, but didn't think I did well either. I passed with a very good margin. I used this website alot for study ideas. Mostly I used the AAPA endorsed book (basically summarized all the chapters and studied the summaries I wrote), the Van Rhee book (used it for summaries as well)...did exammaster questions. I also had the Davis book, but didn't find it that helpful. I did not go to a review session. I used the Word Associations item in the downloads section here and this was very helpful. Also I googled USMLE pearls and came up with alot of good information that I felt was helpful. If you google USMLE lectures on you tube, you will also find helpful items. Now hopefully, our recert will be changed to 10 years...

• 2 weeks later...

I used Van Rhee and the Kaplan PANCE Review with two full length practice tests, I work in Ortho so I feel like a need a

refresher in most subjects but I do recommend a good review of pharmacology, felt there was a fair amount on the test

and neither of those resources really prepared me for it!

I really didn't score too well on the exam master questions, but then again I didn't use them as my primary study tool...so I never actually sat down and did a full length test from exam master. I mainly used it to review cardio, women's health, gastro and pulm questions...I would then take notes on the ones I got wrong and used those to study by, along with the other resources I had. I think exam master is a good tool, but I didn't look at it until close to the exam, so I think next time I will use it earlier in my studying process...

What focus did you take? I ahve been a PA for 13 years, mostly in Cardiac and Vascular surgery and thought about taking the surgery focus, but I know more about cardiology and pulmonology than I do general surgery or urology. I am now thinking of taking the Adult medicine (less pediatrics). any ideas?

Just found out I passed PANRE! I took it on Saturday, so quick turn around. I did not feel confident about the test on Saturday. I didn't think I failed it, but didn't think I did well either. I passed with a very good margin. I used this website alot for study ideas. Mostly I used the AAPA endorsed book (basically summarized all the chapters and studied the summaries I wrote), the Van Rhee book (used it for summaries as well)...did exammaster questions. I also had the Davis book, but didn't find it that helpful. I did not go to a review session. I used the Word Associations item in the downloads section here and this was very helpful. Also I googled USMLE pearls and came up with alot of good information that I felt was helpful. If you google USMLE lectures on you tube, you will also find helpful items. Now hopefully, our recert will be changed to 10 years...

I'm working my way through Van Rhee's book and that will be the only thing I have time to do before the exam. I hope it is enough, especially for someone who is in a sub specialty. I did (I usually read a book from the last page to the front) go through and do the questions first (before I read the chapters) and scored about 80%, but that may be a false security.

I work in FP so I took the General Exam... I can't really comment on the others. It seems that alot of the people who failed PANRE have taken the Surgery exam? Not sure? It was hard, but I think if you study the material from the review books you'll do fine on the general exam.

Way to go! I just found out I passed also! I took test on Friday and got results today, Monday. I studied like a dog, fearful after being in surgery for the past 10 years. For anyone considering study materials, the UNJMD program (expires in October 2011) online was great, as was Datachem CD. I feel the same way as the person above that posted. The test was hard but not impossible!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived