2011-2012 Interviews

I think I submitted CASPA just before or maybe even on 8/1 and heard back in a week or two and I interviewed on 9/29, got the acceptance phone call today :) NSU seems to be pretty on the ball with all of this, at least the Ft Myers campus. I wish you luck- it has been a long road for me and my family (I have 5 kids and my husband that have joined me on this journey) and the sense of relief was tremendous with that phone call!

All the others that got phone calls today- did any of you interview with me on the afternoon of the 29th? I'd love to 'know' someone this early on!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Guys:

I just wanted to provide some feedback on my interview experience.

Make sure you have a well-thought out response to the following questions: "tell us a little about yourself, and why do you want to be a PA?"

Also, make sure you review your application because they will reference it.

Overall, the experience was great. The faculty that I met were very approachable and committed to teaching.

Everything is BRAND NEW.

Best of luck!

• 1 month later...

I just got back from my interview on thursday and I want to thank all the current students from the bottom of my heart for the wonderful experience. You guys were crazy busy yet you still made time to come see us and answer questions. Like Whitney711 I cannot say enough good things about Claudia, I felt like I met my second mom. Not in a, pick up after me, way but in a, welcome home here are some cookies, way.

What an amazing program, what an amazing experience, thank you!!!!!!!

PA school entry has become very competitive, and if you are looking to have a chance I'd suggest getting atleast a 1000 or better. I got an 1120, which isn't phenomenal, but it helped me get accepted (along with good grades, shadowing hours, EMT, leadership experience, etc). My GRE score has not come up in any of my interviews, if anything they mostly ask about your grades and experience.

PA school entry has become very competitive, and if you are looking to have a chance I'd suggest getting atleast a 1000 or better. I got an 1120, which isn't phenomenal, but it helped me get accepted (along with good grades, shadowing hours, EMT, leadership experience, etc). My GRE score has not come up in any of my interviews, if anything they mostly ask about your grades and experience.

Agree with everything Whitney said.

PA schools are looking for two main attributes in their applicants: ability to succeed in PA school (i.e. intellectually) and whether the applicant's philosophy is in alignment with the programs core values.

Good luck!

Hey guys i was just wondering what your GRE scores were to at least get an interview...? Do you have to have 1000, my grades are decent with plenty of volunteer hrs, do they put pressure on the GRE more than anything else?

They look at your basic "stats" to see if you warrant an interview. Once you have met the minimum requirements as posted on the website, they then evaluate you further and will most likely extend an interview invitation to you. The interview itself is a way to get to know you as a person, and to make sure the person they see in front of them matches the person they see on paper.

=] I received an email for an interview, and am SO excited! It isn't until March, but coming I'll be coming from Long Island & I figured after the holidays I'd book a flight & start to look for hotels. I was hoping anyone knew of any good hotels that they stayed at and would recommend? Thanks so much! From what I've read it seems everyone's had such a great experience, so I'm very excited. Thanks for the help, and have a great holiday coming up!

=] I received an email for an interview, and am SO excited! It isn't until March, but coming I'll be coming from Long Island & I figured after the holidays I'd book a flight & start to look for hotels. I was hoping anyone knew of any good hotels that they stayed at and would recommend? Thanks so much! From what I've read it seems everyone's had such a great experience, so I'm very excited. Thanks for the help, and have a great holiday coming up!

There's a Candlewood Suites right next to the Nova parking lot, and a Holiday Inn Express across the street. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
When did you interview?

I interviewed 2/6 but I was initially scheduled for March 20. If you have an upcoming interview call NOVA and see if they were any cancellations so you can interview early. To my understanding there are taking there interviews week by week, meeting on Fridays to make acceptance decisions.

Archived