Mayo school of continuous professional development

All -

I am hoping to go to the Mayo's "Acute care of the complex hospitalized patient for NPs and PAs" but I want to know if it's worth it.

I typically go to the ACP conference which is fantastic for outpatient. I want to work some in inpatient as well, so would this Mayo course help me? Anybody have experience with these courses?

I go every year to one of the Mayo courses. They have one in Arizona and one in Minnesota - same course essentially with the same organizers. I will be attending the one in Arizona in February (I think that's the one you're talking about). It's high yield. I am on the inpatient side and enjoy the topic depth. PM me if you have specific questions.

I want to be able to do some inpatient medicine as I transition into a general internal medicine practice.  I have not had exposure to some of the skills I know that I would need to manage patients in the hospital, so the mayo course sounds like it would be a good start. 

Thoracentesis, parecentesis, chest tubes are scheduled to be taught at this one, so I am looking forward to it (I have to get my practice on board with sending me). 

Yep. I'll be doing the critical care workshop one of the days and I will probably attend the suture workshop as well. I was a little surprised by how pricey it is. Almost a grand if you want to do both workshops.

It's Arizona in February. I'm sure I'll be ready for a break from the icy tundra by then.

Archived