Advice Please

I am graduating this Spring with a BS in Chemistry from a public university in California. As a chemistry major I didn't have to take many of the pre-reqs that are required for PA school so I am just getting to many of them now. Here are the ones that I have left: General Bio 2, Anatomy, Physiology, Psychology, Statistics, and Spanish. 

I am currently debating whether I should squeeze in as many pre-reqs as I can before I graduate, or if I should squeeze in an EMT-B program before I graduate. If I take the emt course I can begin earning clinical hours soon after graduation, but if I invest my time in the pre-reqs then i'll have less of them to worry about after graduation. 

Here are the two schedules I am considering:

Spring 16

Inorganic Chemistry (this isn't gen chem. its advanced inorganic, taken only after completing a year of quantum mechanics)

Inorganic Lab

Research (working with silver nanoparticles, possible medical applications in the future)

Writing course (saved this for my last semester)

Statistics

Psychology 101

Spanish 101

Units: ~20

Spring 16

Inorganic chem

Inorganic lab

Research

Writing course

Statistics

EMT program

Units: ~13 + emt units

What do you guys think is in my best interest for the upcoming Spring semester. 

Thank you

I would try to take out as many prereqs as possible prior to graduation, then do the EMT classes for a few reasons: you can get better financial aide when you're still working on your undergrad; after you graduate, you often lose all seniority, making getting into classes postbac difficult; and I personally dislike working and going to school, so I would want to avoid having to deal with classes while working as an EMT.

Archived