Salus Interviews?

Guest jesse0081

Darn, I assumed that I would have a chance since their application deadline was so late... I applied in September and Salus sent a confirmation letter on November 17th letting me know that they received all of my application materials. I didn't hear anything else from them until today, when I was sent an email saying that since competition was extremely competitive, they aren't able to grant an interview yet. My application is still considered "active". What the heck does that mean? Starlitez7 just said that they told her the seats were all full way back in November? I wish they could be a little clearer...

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darn, I assumed that I would have a chance since their application deadline was so late... I applied in September and Salus sent a confirmation letter on November 17th letting me know that they received all of my application materials. I didn't hear anything else from them until today, when I was sent an email saying that since competition was extremely competitive, they aren't able to grant an interview yet. My application is still considered "active". What the heck does that mean? Starlitez7 just said that they told her the seats were all full way back in November? I wish they could be a little clearer...

I got the same email and would love clarification this. I am accepted somewhere, but at the same time the school did not impress me that much and I would like to keep my options open.

I see that many of us have received this: "Your application for admission into the Physician Assistant program has been reviewed. Because of the competition and limited number of seats in the entering class, your application is still being considered active, however, we have not yet been able to offer you an interview."

Luckily, I have a school, because this doesn't sound all that good. I applied to 8 schools and Salus seems to struggle to provide up to date information. I really appreciated the cadaver lab at the school, but fortunately I was accepted to a program that also has a very interesting cadaver course.

Hi Sparkles and Luom,

Congratulations on being accepted to another school! Which programs, if you don't mind me asking?

Yes, Luom- That's the exact email that I received, too. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who's a little frustrated with their vague correspondance. I replied to that email and asked if the seats were all full, but haven't received a reply. I can't believe that they would tell starlite way back in November that they're all full and then still keep people like us on the edge of our seats if there's no chance... hmmm. That is just mean!!! :)

Hi Sparkles and Luom,

Congratulations on being accepted to another school! Which programs, if you don't mind me asking?

I was accepted to the Univeristy of Pittsburgh back in July. I accepted and canceled my other scheduled interviews. (The other interviews were offered around July-August.) I am especially frustrated with Salus. I met with them in person and spoke with them on the phone. I was repeatedly told that I had a strong application for the program. The encouragement seems like hot air at this point. Overall, I don't have anything negative to offer about the program. The College of Optometry has been a well known institution in the Philadelphia area. It was renamed Salus when they added additional programs. Good luck to those still hoping for a seat.

I was accepted to the Univeristy of Pittsburgh back in July. I accepted and canceled my other scheduled interviews. (The other interviews were offered around July-August.) I am especially frustrated with Salus. I met with them in person and spoke with them on the phone. I was repeatedly told that I had a strong application for the program. The encouragement seems like hot air at this point. Overall, I don't have anything negative to offer about the program. The College of Optometry has been a well known institution in the Philadelphia area. It was renamed Salus when they added additional programs. Good luck to those still hoping for a seat.

One school last year that I was placed on the waitlist for would not even grant me an interview this cycle. I am a little confused on how I was good enough to be waitlisted for the program and then after improving my app they did not even bother to offer me an interview this cycle. Oh well their loss :) I replied keeping my application active, but I am not expecting anything.

One school last year that I was placed on the waitlist for would not even grant me an interview this cycle. I am a little confused on how I was good enough to be waitlisted for the program and then after improving my app they did not even bother to offer me an interview this cycle. Oh well their loss :) I replied keeping my application active, but I am not expecting anything.

The process really is frustrating. I was so thankful to have an acceptance so early. There are so many qualified passionate people who are waiting and hoping for an opportunity to become part of the profession.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

So, I actually got an email back from the admissions office. They said that right now all 44 of their seats are taken. So, I guess this means that we will have a chance if someone rejects their acceptance. YAY :).

I received that email as well and put on "standby". Good Luck and let us know if you are accepted!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived