Salus Interviews?

Guest jesse0081

http://www.salus.edu/news/persp_pdf/salutations2009/2009November.DecemberNewsletter.pdf

100% for the inaugural class.

I wonder if maybe they don't have to report back further than this since they haven't been "Salus" very long. My guess is that more data is buried in the archived news somewhere:

http://www.salus.edu/news/old_perspectives.htm

You can always call them--they are required to make those stats public.

This is all they have and is all that exists. They didn't have a PA program before they were SALUS U. I don't think there is any stat fudging going on.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The graduating class was of only 20 students. Is the class size still this small?? I am still waiting to hear from Salus and was told by admissions that they do interviews into the Spring, but I am just wondering how many seats are actually left?!

The current 2011 class has around 35, and the 2012 class is expected to have 40-45. This is what I was told at my interview.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I called this morning. Apparently the class is full and they're only admitting off of the waitlist at this point. They didn't even glance at my application, and they're not going to because they have no more room...even though I submitted the app in October. Good job, Salus.

If this is so, wow. I also applied in early October and had only received a letter stating that I was missing Chem 1 lab, which I had already talked to admissions and had it all worked out. Then I sent an addendum essay to update my application in early November talking about extra shadowing and such that I had accomplished since submitting CASPA in September. I was looking forward to hearing from them, but it all seems a bit disorganized.

I called this morning. Apparently the class is full and they're only admitting off of the waitlist at this point. They didn't even glance at my application, and they're not going to because they have no more room...even though I submitted the app in October. Good job, Salus.

Guest elizabeth

I received an interview invite in the mail today as well....anyone know approximately how many spots are left to fill in the class? This invite comes as a surprise to me! I couldn't make either of the interview dates in December, and after talking to admissions it sounded like they had filled the entire class up by the end of December.

it sounded like they had filled the entire class up by the end of December.

What do you mean it sounded like they had filled the class?

Maybe they've filled the class but just to the minimum, and are now forming a waitlist in case anybody bails...just guessing, I know nothing!

Congrats on the invite!!

Guest elizabeth
What do you mean it sounded like they had filled the class?

Just that when I had called admissions in December to say that I was unable to make the interview dates, I asked if there would be any more interviews in the coming months...they said most likely not, since they were expecting to fill all of their seats with this session (supposedly their last one).

Who knows? It's anyone's guess what an interview this late in the cycle means. Guess I'll find out!

Only if they haven't already filled the class with earlier applicants.

"Qualified candidates are interviewed on an ongoing basis until the class is filled. The Physician Assistant Admissions Committee regularly reviews the files of all candidates who have completed an on-campus interview. Candidates meeting the entrance requirements are then admitted until the class capacity is reached. It is to each student’s advantage to apply as early as possible to ensure full consideration for admission."

http://www.salus.edu/physicianAssistant/pa_admission_criteria.html

• 2 weeks later...

Archived