I recently started full time at an opiate addiction center(methadone clinic) as my first job out the gate. It was literally all I could find except a horrible offer for interventional cardiology 65k salary which reeked of trap to me. I applied for an ER position at one of the larger facilities in my region as kind of a joke, however, I have been called and interviewed and am now meeting the head doctor next Thursday. Its really kind of my dream job in that I will be working 3 hospitals one primarily trauma, one primarily medical, and a women and children hospital in their ERs. It would be a 7 dollar an hour pay cut but has much better benefits. The problem is I have only been at my job for a few weeks due to my diploma taking such a long time and this facility waited on me instead of hiring someone else.

I am fighting the battle of be true to myself or true to my employer and I must say even though its a very rude move I am leaning towards the ER position if I get it.

Thoughts?

I recently started full time at an opiate addiction center(methadone clinic) as my first job out the gate. It was literally all I could find except a horrible offer for interventional cardiology 65k salary which reeked of trap to me. I applied for an ER position at one of the larger facilities in my region as kind of a joke, however, I have been called and interviewed and am now meeting the head doctor next Thursday. Its really kind of my dream job in that I will be working 3 hospitals one primarily trauma, one primarily medical, and a women and children hospital in their ERs. It would be a 7 dollar an hour pay cut but has much better benefits. The problem is I have only been at my job for a few weeks due to my diploma taking such a long time and this facility waited on me instead of hiring someone else.

I am fighting the battle of be true to myself or true to my employer and I must say even though its a very rude move I am leaning towards the ER position if I get it.

Thoughts?

run, don't walk, to the er job. they will have another new grad in that job by the end of the month. if you spend any amt of time in that kind of job(methadone clinic) you will lose all your skills and never be able to work outside of the field. the er gig is a gift. take it.

run, don't walk, to the er job. they will have another new grad in that job by the end of the month. if you spend any amt of time in that kind of job(methadone clinic) you will lose all your skills and never be able to work outside of the field. the er gig is a gift. take it.

Thoughts?

Always be true to yourself....go for the ER job. When oportunity knocks don't ignore it...... go for it!

This should not haunt you....let your employers know this wasn't planned or with intent and exit with professionalism. Move forward..this decision won't matter in 5 years once you get some solid experience.

Thoughts?

Always be true to yourself....go for the ER job. When oportunity knocks don't ignore it...... go for it!

This should not haunt you....let your employers know this wasn't planned or with intent and exit with professionalism. Move forward..this decision won't matter in 5 years once you get some solid experience.

usually I strongly advocate to stay in first job at least one year -

as you are brand new and this was part of the initial job search and you have a dream offer and a crap job (sorry about that) I would say get a signed employement with the ER and jump ship ASAP from the methadone clinic.... but learn as much as you can about drug seekers in the clinic as you will see a HUGE number of them in the ER

then stay in ER 2 years..... before moving jobs.... you will likely need to move jobs to get to where you deserve to be after 2 years in ER as it is unlikely they will give you raises equal to your expanding skill set.....

usually I strongly advocate to stay in first job at least one year -

as you are brand new and this was part of the initial job search and you have a dream offer and a crap job (sorry about that) I would say get a signed employement with the ER and jump ship ASAP from the methadone clinic.... but learn as much as you can about drug seekers in the clinic as you will see a HUGE number of them in the ER

then stay in ER 2 years..... before moving jobs.... you will likely need to move jobs to get to where you deserve to be after 2 years in ER as it is unlikely they will give you raises equal to your expanding skill set.....

I might suggest a middle road - tell the Methodone clinic that leaving so quickly was never your plan, but this ER job is exactly what you were loooking to do. Offer to stay perdiem / part-time for x months, as they look for someone else to fill your job. Yes your life may be hellish for while, but it will cover your conscience. And I think serve you well with them. Just give them a finite time you are willing to help for.

I might suggest a middle road - tell the Methodone clinic that leaving so quickly was never your plan, but this ER job is exactly what you were loooking to do. Offer to stay perdiem / part-time for x months, as they look for someone else to fill your job. Yes your life may be hellish for while, but it will cover your conscience. And I think serve you well with them. Just give them a finite time you are willing to help for.

Pedipa that is what I believe I am going to do. I cant just leave them stranded....added to that the clinic just pulled me in the office wanting me to do 13 hr shifts with mandatory 1hr lunch 2 days a week and 2 8 hrs. Just crappy for a job I dont really like. I feel like a paper machine. Same orders all day long.

Pedipa that is what I believe I am going to do. I cant just leave them stranded....added to that the clinic just pulled me in the office wanting me to do 13 hr shifts with mandatory 1hr lunch 2 days a week and 2 8 hrs. Just crappy for a job I dont really like. I feel like a paper machine. Same orders all day long.

Archived