I Hate CASPA!!!!!

This is the second year in a row that CASPA is losing my transcripts, only that last year they never claimed to have received it, while this year they did!! They entered into my application that it was received almost 1 month ago, and now, when I was planning on submitting tomorrow thinking all my documents are there, I'm told it was a mistake! They got 2 copies of a different transcript and they entered it wrong!!!!!

They said the wait time for them to process it ONCE it is received is up to 10 days. New ones are being sent today, but the college will not overnight it..... Is there any way to get CASPA to rush because they messed me up by claiming they received it?

PS I know CASPA might be simpler than requesting 10 transcripts for 10 PA programs, but it is so frustrating!!! Why can't the colleges work out some electronic system to transfer the transcripts????

This is the second year in a row that CASPA is losing my transcripts, only that last year they never claimed to have received it, while this year they did!! They entered into my application that it was received almost 1 month ago, and now, when I was planning on submitting tomorrow thinking all my documents are there, I'm told it was a mistake! They got 2 copies of a different transcript and they entered it wrong!!!!!

They said the wait time for them to process it ONCE it is received is up to 10 days. New ones are being sent today, but the college will not overnight it..... Is there any way to get CASPA to rush because they messed me up by claiming they received it?

PS I know CASPA might be simpler than requesting 10 transcripts for 10 PA programs, but it is so frustrating!!! Why can't the colleges work out some electronic system to transfer the transcripts????

There is some program in place to transfer transcripts (from participating schools) in PDF form for FREE...but most places still won't take it because they want it signed and sealed. I know..it's so frustrating.

In response to your question about getting CASPA to rush--I seriously doubt it. Call them and ask to speak to someone in charge. Maybe someone can pull some strings for ya since they are the ones who messed up! I would be so upset! :=-0:

There is some program in place to transfer transcripts (from participating schools) in PDF form for FREE...but most places still won't take it because they want it signed and sealed. I know..it's so frustrating.

In response to your question about getting CASPA to rush--I seriously doubt it. Call them and ask to speak to someone in charge. Maybe someone can pull some strings for ya since they are the ones who messed up! I would be so upset! :=-0:

PAMAC, CASPA screwed up by entering a second (newer) transcript from "school 1" as the transcript from "school 2", leading me to think for the last month that my transcripts were taken care of. They are now claiming that they never recieved the "school 2," transcript (even though my account says received). So yes, they screwed up by entering the wrong name under the transcript received.

Jmp, once you submit the app, they need to varify the courswork that you entered against your transcript and calculate your GPA. At this stage of the game that takes about 4-6 weeks. That is why you are supposed to submit early.

I guess I can try calling a manager to rush it through the verification process once they receive the transcript. There is no way to speed up their receipt.

PAMAC, CASPA screwed up by entering a second (newer) transcript from "school 1" as the transcript from "school 2", leading me to think for the last month that my transcripts were taken care of. They are now claiming that they never recieved the "school 2," transcript (even though my account says received). So yes, they screwed up by entering the wrong name under the transcript received.

Jmp, once you submit the app, they need to varify the courswork that you entered against your transcript and calculate your GPA. At this stage of the game that takes about 4-6 weeks. That is why you are supposed to submit early.

I guess I can try calling a manager to rush it through the verification process once they receive the transcript. There is no way to speed up their receipt.

CASPA failed to mail my packet out for nearly sixty days once after they had verified that everything was complete, & the school I really wanted never got it in time for me to be considered for an interview. And, I was calling & emailing every day during that time with absolutely zero response. Sometimes I think CASPA is a one man operation...

I hope things go better this time around.

CASPA failed to mail my packet out for nearly sixty days once after they had verified that everything was complete, & the school I really wanted never got it in time for me to be considered for an interview. And, I was calling & emailing every day during that time with absolutely zero response. Sometimes I think CASPA is a one man operation...

I hope things go better this time around.

They've had my transcripts for almost 2 weeks and haven't completed inputting the info. 3 phone calls in and I'm seriously close to saying f' it and go to med school.

Rich

This is the start of prime time for CASPA. It takes a while to get things done. Are you sure that they've received your transcripts? They don't actually input any info other than that the transcripts were received. At that point you would need to E-submit.

August 1 and here we go with it getting crazy. It's amazing how there are no complaints about CASPA on here from April - July - it pays to be early! lol

At any rate, were these items mailed to the post office or CASPA directly? If the post office is the one signing for it, God knows what happens to it. Technically post offices are not supposed to accept express mail packages at all, and if they do, there's no way for CASPA to track what they did with it. If you are express mailing an item, it should be sent directly to CASPA's street address.

This is the start of prime time for CASPA. It takes a while to get things done. Are you sure that they've received your transcripts? They don't actually input any info other than that the transcripts were received. At that point you would need to E-submit.

Yep. USPS Confirmation. 3 phone calls, 3 different responses and zero results. Yeah...I should have submitted earlier, but since 2 of my 3 LOR's are coming from my PA and senior medic who are deployed near the Afghan/Pakistani border and not in a cushy hospital, internet and writing a LOR for a friend/co-worker is second to daily survival.

I don't expect folks to get it done yesterday, but between the first person who said it would take 7-10 business days to input and the second who said 5-7 and that he wouldn't (not couldn't), WOULDN'T do anything unless I gave him the confirmation number it's more than a little annoying. The third phone call has shown to be the least annoying. 5-7 days to input, took down my info and said she'd try to help.

So...while I understand things take time, if you're going to charge what you charge then do it in a timely manner.

Rich

Yep. USPS Confirmation. 3 phone calls, 3 different responses and zero results. Yeah...I should have submitted earlier, but since 2 of my 3 LOR's are coming from my PA and senior medic who are deployed near the Afghan/Pakistani border and not in a cushy hospital, internet and writing a LOR for a friend/co-worker is second to daily survival.

I don't expect folks to get it done yesterday, but between the first person who said it would take 7-10 business days to input and the second who said 5-7 and that he wouldn't (not couldn't), WOULDN'T do anything unless I gave him the confirmation number it's more than a little annoying. The third phone call has shown to be the least annoying. 5-7 days to input, took down my info and said she'd try to help.

So...while I understand things take time, if you're going to charge what you charge then do it in a timely manner.

Rich

Call them as soon as their customer service opens in the morning and ask to speak to a manager. That's how I handled a problem I had.

Last time I checked...no one was either asking for advice or help.

Rich

What's the point of coming on here and being rude to people that are offering advice? If you don't want it or feel it wasn't warranted, just ignore it. As a newbie, making a crappy impression of yourself is not the way to go in the event you may actually want some advice in the future.

I could go into great detail the point of a rant but then that would be equal to beating myself with a stick. As for making any impression, I'm not too worried about it and when advice is needed, it will be requested. At no time did anyone ask for advice on this thread. In the one example that the OP asked about having CASPA rush, I would wager was more rhetorical than anything else, given that it's common sense to most that if you have a problem with the moron on the phone, they have a boss and if they're not able or willing to rectify, they too have a boss.

That said, I'll refrain, not stop, on damaging the fragile sensibilities of those attempting to productive and "help" when really all folks sometimes want to do is rant.

Rich

Just a head's up from my time in admissions - if you think ADCOMS don't read this forum and others like it, you'd be very, very, mistaken. In fact, I didn't even know about this forum back when I was applying - I found out about it through PA admissions people who I worked with who monitored it.

The internet isn't a place to rant about anything, especially when you're trying to get into a profession which is highly competative and looking for people who can keep calm and professional under stress.

Sorry!! I didn't mean to cause any arguments. Yes, I wanted to rant a bit to let off some of the stress from my condensed summer courses and filling out the application at the same time, but of course I was interested in some feedback. If not, why would I post here? I have no shortage of friends who would let me rant with some warning beforehand... I look at this forum as a means for helping others and sharing information, not just to bicker and definitely not to rip other.

I'm impressed!!! I E-submitted my application on Sunday night knowing that I sent another set of transcripts with signature conformation which they were supposed to receive on Monday. I called on Tuesday to see if they will look for it and they told me they can't and it will take 5-7 days to enter it in.

Guess what? On Wednesday (yesterday) I received an email that my app was verified!!!!! From Sunday night to Wednesday, that's the 3rd business day!! Only today did they sent me an email that they received my transcripts. I just went to recheck my GPA and saw that it was mailed today!! I better get a move on my supplemental applications, I thought I had a few weeks!!

BTW, they do have some nice people working there. When they verified my app, they by mistake changed one of my classes to "in progress." The first person I spoke to hung up on me, but the next one fixed it when I was on the phone and recalculated my GPA on the spot.

Archived