I am a PA in the Detroit area, currently practicing for the past 3 years in family practice. My husband recently took a position in Memphis, so I am looking for positions in the area. I have been searching for about a month now with little luck. I have been contacted by a few recruiters, but nothing in the Memphis area. I don't see many job postings at all, and there seem to be a plethora of NP positions. Can anyone comment on the climate for PAs in the Memphis area and how I may be able to give my search a boost? Your comments and any helpful information is appreciated!!

Thanks!!

I am a PA in the Detroit area, currently practicing for the past 3 years in family practice. My husband recently took a position in Memphis, so I am looking for positions in the area. I have been searching for about a month now with little luck. I have been contacted by a few recruiters, but nothing in the Memphis area. I don't see many job postings at all, and there seem to be a plethora of NP positions. Can anyone comment on the climate for PAs in the Memphis area and how I may be able to give my search a boost? Your comments and any helpful information is appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By kdonlon12
      Hi - I am a new graduate who passed the PANCE June 5th. I am looking for jobs in the NY/NJ area and spend each day looking at the job boards. Are there any other suggestions for where to search out jobs? I am interested in many fields- excluding surgery. I just want to be able to get a job and get some experience so I can become more competitive. With COVID19 hitting this area so hard, I know why it is difficult at this time but would like any advice I can get (as well as any possible leads!).
      Thank you for your time.
    • By pennyp
      Hi everyone! I’m a new grad PA who just graduated a couple months ago and I’m primarily interested in GI, Family, or Hospital Medicine. A PA who I used to shadow in Thoracic Surgery reached out to me and asked for my resume and I thought, what the hell, I’ll give it a shot and see what this job is about. I just had an interview for this Thoracic surgery job and the team is willing to give me great training as a new grad. It seems great, but I’m not crazy about surgery and don’t have much procedure experience. They haven’t given me an offer yet, but I’m concerned that I won’t know what to do if they do. Should I hold out and see if I get an opportunity in specialty that I really want?  Part of me worries that if I turn this down another opportunity won’t come along...as I’ve already applied to about 15 different places the past month but haven’t heard anything back. Also how long is appropriate time to ask for before accepting an offer? 
    • By DD2PA
      Starting this for new applicants. Just FYI the program DID gain accreditation,  I've emailed one of the admins to place this topic under the accredited programs but no reply yet. Anyways goodluck! 
    • By FoodAsMedicine
      I am starting to put together my resume so I can be prepared to start the job search well before graduation day. However, if I start applying to jobs prior to graduation, what do I list as my 'title' after my name? Do I list 'physician assistant' or 'physician assistant student'? The first seems disingenuous (given that I haven't yet graduated), but then listing my title as 'student' in big bold letters seems like a recipe for getting ignored...  given that I am not listing PA-C (certified) is it appropriate to use the title 'PA' without the 'certified' qualifier?
      Thanks for the insight. 
    • By padre
      Hi all,
      I am moving to Boston this summer, and I am on the job hunt. My significant other matched into residency, and we're so excited! However, I don't have a job lined up yet, and I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for places to look/contacts? There are so many opportunities, but I have not heard back from a single employer. I am more interested in Medicine subspecialties (I have 1.5 years experience as a Hospitalist PA). I am also open to Dermatology, Urgent Care, and some surgical specialties (plastics, maybe). We will be living in South End, but I am willing to commute.
      Hoping for any (and all) advice! 
      Thank you!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More