Guest student2009

HI everyone,

I haven't received any notification about interviews and have not received a letter of rejection either. Have rejection letters gone out? I was assuming interviews haven't occurred yet until I read this thread and saw several rounds have been completed already. I'm wondering if my notification got lost in the mail or did you get emails? If I need to contact someone regarding my status, do you guys know who I should contact?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are not alone dear friend.

HI everyone,

I haven't received any notification about interviews and have not received a letter of rejection either. Have rejection letters gone out? I was assuming interviews haven't occurred yet until I read this thread and saw several rounds have been completed already. I'm wondering if my notification got lost in the mail or did you get emails? If I need to contact someone regarding my status, do you guys know who I should contact?

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully you had applied to other programs. I figured if you don't hear anything from them by now, it's unlikely that you will get an interview. If you do then I am happy for you.

Just talked to Erin in the Registrars office and she said rejection letters have not been mailed out yet and that the last round round of interviews will be at the end of January. So perhaps they will be sending out letters for interview requests sometime soon?

how'd it do?! Yeah, I'm a wreck, cause I haven't heard anything yet...my wife tells me to chill out...I am checking my e-mail constantly and I even check the mail box 2-3 times a day, just in case...Congrats on UTHSCSA...

Haven't heard from you in while. What's your status man?!?!?!

• 2 weeks later...

I posted something before but I guess its gone...Anyway I think they said they are going to try to make the final decisions within the next few weeks. They said so far 8 slots had been filled. And they made a really big deal about not calling if you get accepted somewhere else and trying to force them into making a decision...But I really think by the end of next month they should have picked the last people because they also said something about doing background checks for the new class in March. Hope that helps...Now I guess I can start waiting all over again...

From what Dr. Blessing said: 1200 + applicants, 90 interviews, 30 spots (8 of which are already filled). The alternate pool is not ranked from what he said so I don't know how they pick from the pool. Dr. Blessing said they usually make it to about 4 or 5 on the alternate list. He said we should know within 2 weeks (which is the end of the month). Good luck to everyone!

Accepted! I received the letter in the mail yesterday. It was extremely bittersweet for me. I guess I am one of 6 students accepted to the Laredo Cohort. My family lives in San Antonio so it was kind of disappointing to not be offered a seat in the San Antonio class. I know it is highly doubtful but do any current or former students know if I am able to talk to Dr. Blessing about the situation and maybe see if I can switch so that I am able to go to the program in San Antonio?

Archived