Guest 8medical
Congrats. When did you interview? I got my letter in the mail on yesterday, but didn't want to tell anyone yet until another fellow acceptee came foward ;). I interviewed on 11/14/2009. Got my letter 6 days later. Those guys are fast.

Keep close surveillance on your mailboxes folks. Good luck, I got my fingers crossed for all of you, Especially for you guys that interviewed in October cuz all that waiting really sucks.

Congrats, Congrats... I am hoping to hear something soon. :(

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

congrats...

Congrats. When did you interview? I got my letter in the mail on yesterday, but didn't want to tell anyone yet until another fellow acceptee came foward ;). I interviewed on 11/14/2009. Got my letter 6 days later. Those guys are fast.

Keep close surveillance on your mailboxes folks. Good luck, I got my fingers crossed for all of you, Especially for you guys that interviewed in October cuz all that waiting really sucks.

Guest texwave

Congrats Kellybb & oct93ranger!! Very exciting! Were either of you considered for the Laredo program? I am assuming you were accepted into the program in San Antonio, please clarify if that is not correct. Has anyone else heard back if you have already interviewed? I am anxiously waiting by the mail.... :)

Congrats Kellybb & oct93ranger!! Very exciting! Were either of you considered for the Laredo program? I am assuming you were accepted into the program in San Antonio, please clarify if that is not correct. Has anyone else heard back if you have already interviewed? I am anxiously waiting by the mail.... :)

I requested the San Antonio cohort only. Good luck.

Oct93ranger,

Congratulations! If you don't mind, please post your stats. I'd really appreciate that!

My stats are pretty mediocre: 3.3 overall, 3.4 science, and I think a 3.6 prerequisite gpa. I got 590/640 on the gre, with 4.0 (i think) on the writing. But, I did this while I juggled a full-time job as a firefighter/ paramedic, a part-time job at a radiology clinic, and all the responsibilities that come with being a father to a five-year old boy and a husband to a second-year PT student. Whew, i'm gonna go take a nap now.

Regarding the Spanish conversation with the PA student during the interview, what kind of conversation is it? Will it be more like a "Hello, how are you" conversation in Spanish or a more in-depth analysis of one's spanish speaking skills? Thank you, the help is very much appreciated.

It is a very simple conversation...just like a "Hello, how are you" conversation. It really isn't anything to panic about...unless, you misrepresented yourself on the supp. app...

I am driving in from the Houston area the night before and will need a hotel close to campus. Does anyone have any recomendations?

The Drury Inn @ IH-10 and Wurzbach, actual address is 9806 W Interstate 10. I was there for 2 nights and really enjoyed my stay. Paid about $79 per night. Nice clean & comfy rooms. Very friendly staff, indoor pool :D, WiFi, breakfast. Surrounded by what seemed to be decent restaurants. Gas station across the street, so you can gas up before you head back to H-Town. About 2.5 miles and 5-10 minute drive to UTHSCSA Health Sciences Building.

Good luck in your search and more luck on your interview.:)

Hello all. I am just trying to get an idea of who has been accepted to the program for the Class of 2013. I interviewed on 14 Nov as well. I also received a letter of acceptance. I look forward to meeting all of my future class mates. Here is to waiting 7 months! Good luck to all who have not interviewed or recieved a good news letter.

Hello all. I am just trying to get an idea of who has been accepted to the program for the Class of 2013. I interviewed on 14 Nov as well. I also received a letter of acceptance. I look forward to meeting all of my future class mates. Here is to waiting 7 months! Good luck to all who have not interviewed or recieved a good news letter.

Congrats to you Monty. You might not remember me, but I'm the one who interviewed there last year and drove ALL THE WAY from Arizona.

Congrats to you Monty. You might not remember me, but I'm the one who interviewed there last year and drove ALL THE WAY from Arizona.

Kellybb, I do remember you. I sat next to you at lunch. You are prior Army and your husband is current Army. I am so happy to hear you were accepted! After hearing you story and drive to become a PA I knew you would get it. Well, here is to spending the next 3 years together! Congrats again!!

Kellybb, I do remember you. I sat next to you at lunch. You are prior Army and your husband is current Army. I am so happy to hear you were accepted! After hearing you story and drive to become a PA I knew you would get it. Well, here is to spending the next 3 years together! Congrats again!!

I remember you! You are a medical equipment sales rep right? So good to hear from you.

Shortly after I received my acceptance letter, my husband got word that he is on orders to South Korea. He is to report in June of 2010. Go frickin' figure. Looks like I'll be a "single parent" for the first 10-12 months of school. Right now I'm am kinda in a frenzy to find a good reputable nanny/sitting service in San Antonio. The timing for my husband was not so great. This really sucks 360 degrees. :mad:

BUT, nontheless, I look forward to suffering with my new classmates. :)

Again congrats. TTYS.

Archived