6 one-on-one interviews, impromptu essay and a spanish conversation with a PA student....and no group activity.

How long did the day last? How many total applicants did they interview at that time. I'm assuming 30 candidates like last year. Hoping to get a 4:30pm flight if it's feasible, if not I'll fly out around 6:30pm to AZ.

Oh BTW. I'm "old" folk like you, 32 years young :cool:.

Funny, joking ha, ha..in case I offend anyone. 8-0

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My last interview was at 3pm, so it might be safe to schedule the 6:30 flight. Good luck with your interview.

Thanks Oct93ranger. This will be my 4th interview and since interview #3, I have become annoyed with having to plan for days ending at 4:30-5:00 pm, only to be finished around 1pm. Afterwards, I'm anxious to get home to my family, but now have to wait until the next day. Then, I'm thinking gosh...that 3:00 flight ticket I had been eyeballing could have been mine!!!! Anywho........6 o'clock flight keeps me safe because you never know what can happen :o.

Guest 8medical

Yes I will be ther on the 14th. I am very nervous but yet excited at the moment. Did they provide you any feedback from your interview?

Last year, each candidate participated in 4 indiv and 1 panel interview, a group excercise, and an impromptu essay. Oh, we also were quizzed on our degree of Spanish speaking skills by a PA student. I don't think I'm not at liberty to discuss the impromptu essay topic. Although it was last year, I'm not sure if the moderators would allow it.

I was so excited and perhaps a bit overconfident last year. This year, I WILL take it down a notch now since I have had a huge slice of humble pie since then :o.

Are you sched to interview on 11/14 also?

Yes I will be ther on the 14th. I am very nervous but yet excited at the moment. Did they provide you any feedback from your interview?

No feedback was provided. Maybe this year will be different becuase we all will be accepted. :) I'm Looking foward to meeting you and the others next week.

BTW, those who are sched for 11/14, where are you coming from. I'm coming from Arizona.

Does this school really only mostly accept students into their PA program who grew up or are currently living in San Antonio?? I read that the majority of the class are SA residents and it is hard to get in otherwise.. however everyone seems to be coming from all over for their interviews? Any ideas?

at least to me it seemed like they are big about people how are willing to stay in that area or south Texas to practice, maybe that is why it may seem that way...However, on Oct. 24th there were people there from different areas, So i dont think they are targeting just S.A. folks...

kellybb, there were 30 or so people there interviewing, and my last interview ended about 3:15...oct93rangers was being funny about UTHSCSA not accepting anyone over 23, and he is about 55ish himself...(just joking Oct93)LOL

Isahpop,

The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) and The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (UTHSCSA) are two totally different entities. One is primarily an undergraduate campus with some graduate and doctorate programs, while the other is the health sciences campus where medical, dental, and health care professionals come to further their education. BTW, UTHSCSA doesn't exactly have the best PANCE first time pass rates which is why most students choose to attend certain programs in TX, and the facilities are a bit outdated. Texas Tech has the highest PANCE pass rates of all programs in Texas for the last 5 years (avg 99%) and their facilities are the largest in the state and probably in the country. The TTUHSC program just added to their existing facilities this year at TTUHSC, they have the second largest class size in the country (60) for this year. PANCE is all you care about, or should for that matter because it helps you get that JOB after graduation. Being in the TOP 20 of the national rankings is what UTHSCSA hangs their hat on but in the end their pass rates are horrible the past couple of years. Just remember that as long as your happy and study well you will find a way to pass your PANCE. You should consider TTUHSC, the deadline is December 1. Good Luck!

cguerrero,

Sorry that was incorrect...I hope that it doesn't ruin my chances there...(being sarcastic)...

However, if I get in UTHSCSA, TTUHSC can kiss my ......

Not trying to be ugly, but it's not like I have a choice in the matter. You make it sound like everyone has the option to choose where they wan't to go....You can choose where you want to apply!!!

So if I don't speak Spanish am I totally out of the picture? I remember them asking on the secondary application if you knew Spanish or not but I haven't had it since highschool and I know I could not carry on a conversation with someone in Spanish..

Guest 8medical
So if I don't speak Spanish am I totally out of the picture? I remember them asking on the secondary application if you knew Spanish or not but I haven't had it since highschool and I know I could not carry on a conversation with someone in Spanish..

This spanish thing is bothering me. I too don't speak spanish. I hope this is not recommended.

Isahpop,

I am sorry that you're limited to SA or wherever else but I am just stating the obvious about the training we get at Texas Tech U Health Sciences Center as compared to SA. I chose TTUHSC over others in the state of Texas, and glad I did so. I just feel like it's a great program better than some of the "TOP 20" programs according to a skewed national magazine ranking that essentially does not mean a thing in the big picture. Sorry if I hit a nerve, LOL!

cguerrero,

Dude, i am happy for you. I am glad you are part of the few pre-PA applicants that can choose where to go. Now, I am sure that I am not alone in this...the majority of us do not have that luxury. We are trying to get in where we can. Oh, and you didn't strike a nerve, I am just stating the obvious.

Isahpop,

I am sorry that you're limited to SA or wherever else but I am just stating the obvious about the training we get at Texas Tech U Health Sciences Center as compared to SA. I chose TTUHSC over others in the state of Texas, and glad I did so. I just feel like it's a great program better than some of the "TOP 20" programs according to a skewed national magazine ranking that essentially does not mean a thing in the big picture. Sorry if I hit a nerve, LOL!

I chose TTUHSC over others in the state of Texas, and glad I did so. I just feel like it's a great program better than some of the "TOP 20" programs according to a skewed national magazine ranking that essentially does not mean a thing in the big picture.

We all respect your decision; however, the tone you convey in your posts smacks of advertising. Why are you posting here if you are already a student?

Oct93ranger,

If you haven't already discovered that even though students from the UTHSCSA do not posts replies for those interested in their program, that other PA program students try to assist applicants in anyway they can with the process despite which program is their first choice. Good Luck with That!!! I was trying to help those student applicants that have an option in Texas.

BTW, I did some of my Pre-PA training there at one of the UTHSCSA Allied Health Professions programs and had educational interaction with PA students. I do not call that qualified to speak for their program but I sure do know more than you do at this point. I can tell you with that type of tude your going to have trouble wherever you may go at this point.

I can tell you with that type of tude your going to have trouble wherever you may go at this point.

Seriously, I appreciate the concern; but, spare me your sage advice regarding my 'tude'. I've been around the block a time or two, and my candor hasn't failed me yet ;). Now, I told you I respect your decision, but your anecdotal, opinion-based comparison was unnecessary and unsolicited.

Please feel free to PM me if you wish to continue this discussion.

Late applicant here. Got my transcript evaluation and must say I'm pleasantly surprised with how well it looked. I took multiple classes that fulfilled some of the pre-reqs and instead of adding them up or averaging them like CASPA, seems like they used the best ones instead. So... whoopee!!

Allday,

I was wondering when you submitted your CASPA and Supplamental to SA? I was also a late applicant I turned in everything to them the first week on September. I haven't heard anything from them at all. I am still waiting on a transcript evaluation. Has anyone else heard anything that turned in materials after Sept?

Allday,

I was wondering when you submitted your CASPA and Supplamental to SA? I was also a late applicant I turned in everything to them the first week on September. I haven't heard anything from them at all. I am still waiting on a transcript evaluation. Has anyone else heard anything that turned in materials after Sept?

I had everything completed and sent late September and just received my transcript evaluation yesterday. They may send them in waves, and being in central TX, I could have received it sooner than you if that's the case.

Archived