If i'm not mistaken they send that to everyone...It really doesn't mean much in the aspect of interviews or getting in, however it does tell you kinda of what they are looking at in regards to your gpa and such...

So I still haven't heard much from San Antonio, They have sent me a list of all the prerequisites and classes that I have taken but thats all. There is no letter with it telling me that I'm missing anything. Does anyone know what that means?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well some of the PA's that I've worked with (and one of them went to San Antonio) began PA school in their early 30's...of coarse there are also some that get in younger and older...but to say that they don't allow any over 23 to get in....where did you get that from???:confused: They must like to waste their time interviewing us older folks...like me, I'm 30 and I have an interview with San Antonio tomorrow...

Never trust anything you read on the web. Statistics can be manipulated.

Not sure about the age difference. What I do know is that their interview is the toughest one Ive been to yet. & as well, had the largest age disparity concerning interviewees. Left the interview feeling confused & exhausted, still to this date not sure what to make of the program. I have an offer to a program here in the metroplex (that i will accept) & wish all the best of luck with this program. One thing that I questioned about this program is how they teach (Anatomy). Be sure that when you interview you ask questions about their classes & how they are presented: good luck!

What was tough about the interview? just wondering:D

Not sure about the age difference. What I do know is that their interview is the toughest one Ive been to yet. & as well, had the largest age disparity concerning interviewees. Left the interview feeling confused & exhausted, still to this date not sure what to make of the program. I have an offer to a program here in the metroplex (that i will accept) & wish all the best of luck with this program. One thing that I questioned about this program is how they teach (Anatomy). Be sure that when you interview you ask questions about their classes & how they are presented: good luck!

I submitted my CASPA application at the end of June, and submitted my Supplemental in August. Hopefully you will be called in the second or third round. Just keep your optimism high.

Guest 8medical
I am. Totally petrified because I interviewed there last year. Felt like I made a complete A** of myself. I hope they don't remember me. :)

Hope you learn from the experience and knock them out of the park. What was the interview like and what were the impromptu topics about?

Hope you learn from the experience and knock them out of the park. What was the interview like and what were the impromptu topics about?

Last year, each candidate participated in 4 indiv and 1 panel interview, a group excercise, and an impromptu essay. Oh, we also were quizzed on our degree of Spanish speaking skills by a PA student. I don't think I'm not at liberty to discuss the impromptu essay topic. Although it was last year, I'm not sure if the moderators would allow it.

I was so excited and perhaps a bit overconfident last year. This year, I WILL take it down a notch now since I have had a huge slice of humble pie since then :o.

Are you sched to interview on 11/14 also?

6 one-on-one interviews, impromptu essay and a spanish conversation with a PA student....and no group activity.

Isahpop, can you tell me how this year's interview is different? My email said there would be six interviews and an essay activity. Are all of the interviews one-on-one? Is there still a group activity?

Archived