Good day future PAs,

I'm starting this thread because I am curious to know where my fellow UTHSCSA applicants are in the 2009-2010 application process. I interviewed last year in October 2008, didn't make the cut, but was placed on the alternate list. I hope this year will be better being that I applied to more schools this year; as opposed to only 2 last year.

My CASPA application was sent in June, now I'm just waiting. So far, I have applied to 10 other PA programs and have completed my SupApps for UTHSCSA, A.T. Still University (AZ), Medical College of Georgia, and PCOM. I have received an invite to interview at Touro Univerity-Nevada on 8/19/2009. Looking forward to it, but hope to receive more invites from other schools.

Good luck to all who applied as well as those planning to apply. I'm very sure that I'm not only speaking for myself when I say "the good fortune of others give me hope."

Good luck to you all in all your endeavors. I hope to hear responses soon. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps the title of this thread is misleading.

I was trying to touch basis with applicants participating in the 2009-2010 application cycle; in other words this thread is for applicants competing for seats in the PA class that starts in fall 2010. I hope this clears some things up and hopefully, I get some responses.

Where am I in this whole application fiasco? I have already interviewed at Touro University-Nevada and will not find out my status until mid-November. I have secured an interview at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine in mid-September. Looking foward to meeting with the faculty, students, and staff. Seen pictures of the campus- seems to be a very sophisicated and beautiful school.

I hope you all have secured interviews and I will you all the best of luck.8-)

Guest jm.fox04

I'm a fellow applicant with you...and like you, I'm just in the waiting game at the moment. I turned in the last of my supplementals on August 3, hoping that I'd hear something on the early side, but so far nothing...congrats on your interview slots though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I hope you all are doing well thus far in the application cycle. Congrats and much luck to you all who have secured interviews, interviewed, have been accepted, and waiting to be accepted.

I figure that UTHSCSA may begin contacting applicants any day now for interviews. Pretty excited and hope we all hear from them soon. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I got my transcript eval yesterday- But there were a few classes they said didn't have labs that did. So some corrections needed on it. My pre-req GPA looks surprisingly good, but my last 30 is pretty brutal. We'll see what happens, but I don't know how those corrections will be made if my transcript eval has already been sent to ad com.

I'm assuming that because I have met all the pre-requsite requirement is why I did not receive any transcript review letter? Either way, I will continue to be the best pizza delivery person ever ever ever.

Yeah...I received my transcript review at the end of July...was kinda excited about it cause it looked pretty, pretty good...know I am getting ready to start my career as a pizza delivery guy:confused:!!!

Let's all hold hands and sing "kumbaya", this will help us to regain confidence and also to prep for American Idol.

I got a transcript evaluation sheet that has all your prerequisites that have been reviewed and a new GPA that they calculated on it. I am assuming that you receive this before an interview invite, but I don't know this for certain.

First interviews are oct. 24..they said we should hear something in the next few weeks

I called the program today. I was told first set of interview invites should be sent out tomorrow (Friday).

I didn't call to finagle info out of them. I actually am considering attending another interview on Oct 21 and wanted to decrease the cost of my travels so I called to inquire about it. It's gonna get exciting!!!!!:)

Archived