interview for class 2014

• 4 weeks later...

When I interviewed at CMU 2 years ago, the short test was mostly physiology related questions...they were pretty random. I remember the cells of inflammation being on there. And my interviewer asked me to teach him the life cycle of a red blood cell. Definitely one of the weirdest interview questions I've ever been asked.

I apologize, as I have been a member of this forum for five years I am well aware of the forum rules not to share specific interview questions and I should not have given away the life cycle of a red blood cell question. As for the test, I did not share any specific questions. You will soon learn that nothing about CMU's "interview" process is fair and everyone does not have an equal shot of getting in. They will admit their undergrads without even an interview. I just wanted to help people from outside CMU be successful in their interviews this year. I would hope that they are not still using the exact same "test" they gave out two years ago.

I am very familiar with CMUs interview process. I am sorry that you feel it is unfair. I myself am not a current student at CMU, however I do know that last year they only did very few interviews due to their core faculty member who plays a key role in the admissions process being very ill and not able to work and administer interviews for quite a few months. This was a very rare occasion, and due to this they did admit more CMU undergrad students then usual since they were already aware of the student's qualities and abilities to succeed in the program. To my understanding this is no longer the case. But it appears that you are at a great school now so it seems to have worked out the best for you as I am sure many others!

Nope, I haven't heard either. I had my interview already as well. But I heard that we wouldn't hear for a few weeks since they are still accepting interviews until October 1. Also, I was told that they have NEVER done interviews this early. So I was told to just wait it out for a few weeks! Good luck! Let us know if you hear anything! Hopefully we hear back soon!!!

Congrats! Looks like we will be classmates! CMU was my number 1 choice too! I was told I would be getting the email either Tuesday or Wednesday and have not yet gotten it. If I don't have it by tomorrow I am going to call because I would hate to have my 7 days expire and have my seat given up. I will let you know if I find anything out! Congrats again! I can't wait for May!!!

Archived