Will not consider a PA - states NP's get paid better

So this company (Park Avenue) refuses to hire PA's - states NP are better and that they get paid more........ Have emailed them and stated that both PA's and NP's get the exact same payments and got a somewhat snide comment back from the HR person that stated in short NP's were better then PA's........ what???

so am posting their most recent ad here to hope that some very qualified PA's apply for their position so that they might "see the light" and realize PA's are just as good as NP's

NURSE PRACTITIONER Williamstown Park Avenue Health Care is a prominent multi-specialty physician practice with 27-year history of providing exemplary medical and behavioral care to residents of Skilled Nursing Facilities. We currently have a full-time position available in Williamstown, MA for an experienced, certified ANP, GNP or FNP to provide primary care services to residents of an LTC facility. The NP is required to obtain medical histories, perform comprehensive physical examinations and outline treatment plans for residents; assess, diagnose, and prescribe clinical interventions and medications; order and interpret diagnostic tests (blood work, EKG's, x-rays); perform daily sick call and monthly re-certification in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team; and ensure that clinical practice and documentation are aligned with regulatory and accrediting agencies' standards. REQUIREMENTS At least 1 year of experience working as an APRN Current RN license ANCC or AANP certification as a GNP, ANP or FNP DEA privileges or eligibility. Long-term Care, Skilled Nursing Facility or Nursing Home experience is strongly preferred. We offer a competitive salary, uncapped monthly bonus, plus generous paid time off, 401(k), a flexible schedule and lots of independence! If you are highly motivated to maximize your talents and income and to join a dynamic team of health care professionals, please email your resume today to: Debra Zucker, Recruitment Director, dzucker@parkavenue.md Visit us at http://www.parkavenue.md EOE

So this company (Park Avenue) refuses to hire PA's - states NP are better and that they get paid more........ Have emailed them and stated that both PA's and NP's get the exact same payments and got a somewhat snide comment back from the HR person that stated in short NP's were better then PA's........ what???

so am posting their most recent ad here to hope that some very qualified PA's apply for their position so that they might "see the light" and realize PA's are just as good as NP's

NURSE PRACTITIONER Williamstown Park Avenue Health Care is a prominent multi-specialty physician practice with 27-year history of providing exemplary medical and behavioral care to residents of Skilled Nursing Facilities. We currently have a full-time position available in Williamstown, MA for an experienced, certified ANP, GNP or FNP to provide primary care services to residents of an LTC facility. The NP is required to obtain medical histories, perform comprehensive physical examinations and outline treatment plans for residents; assess, diagnose, and prescribe clinical interventions and medications; order and interpret diagnostic tests (blood work, EKG's, x-rays); perform daily sick call and monthly re-certification in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team; and ensure that clinical practice and documentation are aligned with regulatory and accrediting agencies' standards. REQUIREMENTS At least 1 year of experience working as an APRN Current RN license ANCC or AANP certification as a GNP, ANP or FNP DEA privileges or eligibility. Long-term Care, Skilled Nursing Facility or Nursing Home experience is strongly preferred. We offer a competitive salary, uncapped monthly bonus, plus generous paid time off, 401(k), a flexible schedule and lots of independence! If you are highly motivated to maximize your talents and income and to join a dynamic team of health care professionals, please email your resume today to: Debra Zucker, Recruitment Director, dzucker@parkavenue.md Visit us at http://www.parkavenue.md EOE

^^^ SILLINESS^^^

No... they want someone without all the administrative and legal hurdles/baggage... and someone who they percieve as autonomous.

Theorectically...

PA screws up... As a "dependent" provider both the PA and their "Supervisor" and the organization gets to spend a day in court.

NP screws up... As a "independent" provider, in states where no collaboration or supervision is required, the NP gets to spend a day in court.

The rest of the providers in the practice/organization are insulated from the acts of commission/ommission attributed to the NP.

Your obvious vitriol spewed at NPs is quite immature for a dude your age and misguided.

"Don't hate the player... hate the game."

Contrarian

btw... if YOU are above cleaning a patient that really needs it and can't do it themselves, then you might want to stay clear of healthCARE. As future patients... we would all appreciate it. Thanks

^^^ SILLINESS^^^

No... they want someone without all the administrative and legal hurdles/baggage... and someone who they percieve as autonomous.

Theorectically...

PA screws up... As a "dependent" provider both the PA and their "Supervisor" and the organization gets to spend a day in court.

NP screws up... As a "independent" provider, in states where no collaboration or supervision is required, the NP gets to spend a day in court.

The rest of the providers in the practice/organization are insulated from the acts of commission/ommission attributed to the NP.

Your obvious vitriol spewed at NPs is quite immature for a dude your age and misguided.

Contrarian

btw... if YOU are above cleaning a patient that really needs it and can't do it themselves, then you might want to stay clear of healthCARE. As future patients... we would all appreciate it. Thanks

^^^ SILLINESS^^^

Theorectically...

Your obvious vitriol spewed at NPs is immature and misguided.

Contrarian

C - where the heck are you coming from??? I have no idea what you are talking about and I suspect you are trying to stir the pot - I am not trying to put down NP's (and if you look at the OP you see - "and realize PA's are just as good as NP's")

So your statement "No... they want someone without all the administrative and legal hurdles/baggage... and someone who they percieve as autonomous." comes from direct first hand knowledge of this particular business and their inner workings? Nah didn't think so - just you once again trying to sound more authoritative then you really are - you are guessing why they have this policy and then coming across as a know it all - have you ever worked for them? Have you sat in their business meetings, do you have any clue what their business model is?

So are you advocating that we as PA's should not stand up and point out when there is misconceptions?

Oh yeah, and BTW in MASS (where the job is) NP's also have to have a SP and function just as PA's (proving that you are wrong about your entire post and simply are trying to pick a fight...)

"Your obvious vitriol spewed at NPs is quite immature for a dude your age and misguided." I can honestly say this was in no way directed at NP's and you are crazy if you think this is anything then what the OP said - hopefully showing a large company that PA's and NP's are really very equal - no where did I put down NP's or even suggest that in and in fact stated the exact opposite - C- read the post and stop being a jerk

C - leave it alone - if you "know something" share it - but when you just throw out stupid unfounded (and wrong in this case) you merely waste peoples time....

^^^ SILLINESS^^^

Theorectically...

Your obvious vitriol spewed at NPs is immature and misguided.

Contrarian

C - where the heck are you coming from??? I have no idea what you are talking about and I suspect you are trying to stir the pot - I am not trying to put down NP's (and if you look at the OP you see - "and realize PA's are just as good as NP's")

So your statement "No... they want someone without all the administrative and legal hurdles/baggage... and someone who they percieve as autonomous." comes from direct first hand knowledge of this particular business and their inner workings? Nah didn't think so - just you once again trying to sound more authoritative then you really are - you are guessing why they have this policy and then coming across as a know it all - have you ever worked for them? Have you sat in their business meetings, do you have any clue what their business model is?

So are you advocating that we as PA's should not stand up and point out when there is misconceptions?

Oh yeah, and BTW in MASS (where the job is) NP's also have to have a SP and function just as PA's (proving that you are wrong about your entire post and simply are trying to pick a fight...)

"Your obvious vitriol spewed at NPs is quite immature for a dude your age and misguided." I can honestly say this was in no way directed at NP's and you are crazy if you think this is anything then what the OP said - hopefully showing a large company that PA's and NP's are really very equal - no where did I put down NP's or even suggest that in and in fact stated the exact opposite - C- read the post and stop being a jerk

C - leave it alone - if you "know something" share it - but when you just throw out stupid unfounded (and wrong in this case) you merely waste peoples time....

DUDE....!!!

You seem to be wound a little tight...!!!!

Again... you fail to read... re-read... and understand which leads me back to questioning your reading and comprehension skilllz.

If you S-L-O-W down... and look up again... you WILL see the arrows pointing at the post above mine... and then you *may* understand that both my and Andersen's reply was directed SOLeLY at JwDavis silly post about "a$$ wiping"...

Hope you are having a VERY PA-day...

Contrarian

DUDE....!!!

You seem to be wound a little tight...!!!!

Again... you fail to read... re-read... and understand which leads me back to questioning your reading and comprehension skilllz.

If you S-L-O-W down... and look up again... you WILL see the arrows pointing at the post above mine... and then you *may* understand that both my and Andersen's reply was directed SOLeLY at JwDavis silly post about "a$$ wiping"...

Hope you are having a VERY PA-day...

Contrarian

Ha..ha...

So rather than "man up" and admit you "jumped the gun"... you send me this:

C -

I have no idea where you think I have any beef with NP's and really did not understand any of your reply and figure it was merely inflamatory towards me specifcially - your logic and theories are sometimes interesting but in this case I am completely lost with where your head is.

If you do not have specific first hand knowledge of a company how about you just keep you fingers off the keyboard instead of wasting everyone's time with unfounded inflamatory remarks

Also, I know it is a free posting board, but you are truly annoying.....

Have a great day

Classic integrity violation.

Carry on dude.

Ha..ha...

C -

I have no idea where you think I have any beef with NP's and really did not understand any of your reply and figure it was merely inflamatory towards me specifcially - your logic and theories are sometimes interesting but in this case I am completely lost with where your head is.

If you do not have specific first hand knowledge of a company how about you just keep you fingers off the keyboard instead of wasting everyone's time with unfounded inflamatory remarks

Also, I know it is a free posting board, but you are truly annoying.....

Have a great day

Carry on dude.

Ha..ha...

Carry on dude.

?????????

again really don't understand you reply "man up" and "jump gun"

Let's not forget you are the one making "assumptions" about an employeer, person, post that are not founded on anything but you own limited experiences and nothings else..... now you seem to be a smart guy, but if you have no first hand knowledge of the company, their employement practices, or anything else what makes you think that you are qualified to offer an opinion and insult others? Sad but you seem to only be able to elevate yourself by stepping on others to get a little elevation.....

yes - I did send that as I am growing tired of your dribble and wanted to share a private thought with you - but once again you choose to be inflamatory and post a PM as a public post - proving once again you just like to stir the pot with no particular methods or "intergity" I choose to PM that to you, and you choose to public post

Go back and read the thread, you jumped the gun and made a bunch of "generalizations" and guesses about the policy which were in fact wrong - now you want to make it into something different - instead of just saying you didn't know and made a mistake/assumption - PA and NP are basically equal in MASS and yet you still have not admitted you were not correct in your assumptions - fine disagree with the posting about kissing ##s but stop at that....

Ha..ha...

Carry on dude.

?????????

again really don't understand you reply "man up" and "jump gun"

Let's not forget you are the one making "assumptions" about an employeer, person, post that are not founded on anything but you own limited experiences and nothings else..... now you seem to be a smart guy, but if you have no first hand knowledge of the company, their employement practices, or anything else what makes you think that you are qualified to offer an opinion and insult others? Sad but you seem to only be able to elevate yourself by stepping on others to get a little elevation.....

yes - I did send that as I am growing tired of your dribble and wanted to share a private thought with you - but once again you choose to be inflamatory and post a PM as a public post - proving once again you just like to stir the pot with no particular methods or "intergity" I choose to PM that to you, and you choose to public post

Go back and read the thread, you jumped the gun and made a bunch of "generalizations" and guesses about the policy which were in fact wrong - now you want to make it into something different - instead of just saying you didn't know and made a mistake/assumption - PA and NP are basically equal in MASS and yet you still have not admitted you were not correct in your assumptions - fine disagree with the posting about kissing ##s but stop at that....

... backsliding poor attempts at diversion...

Dude... YOU are pathetic...

Your nerve endings are soooo exposed that as soon as YOU seen my reply to JwDavis... you ASSumed that it was directed at you.

You then went on a defensive and spewed a bunch of nonsense. When it was pointed out that the response wasn't even directed at you... you attempted to backslide.

A simple public "oh... my bad that wasn't directed at me" would have been sufficient... but no, YOU continued the silliness.

And no... you don't get to make erroneous accusations in public... and then when you get called on them... get to choose to suddenly want to 'take it to PM' to save face and not have to admit that you were wrong. Atleast not until you have recanted the public accusations PUBLICALLY. You missed your opportunity to make this a private conversation/exchange when you posted your initial inflamatory response to my post... that again... wasn't even directed at you.

If you would have posted your initial response to me via PM this whole mess would have be averted because I would have made it clear to you via PM that I wasn'r even talking to/at you...

You have been here long enough to know that "calling me out" just ain't gonna go unmet/unanswered.

You are now trying to cover your mistake by making this about laws in MASS and asserting that "PA and NP are basically equal in MASS"...

The continued silliness of this is that apparently the employers don't think so (like in many parts of the country)... and seem to prefer NPs (like in many parts of the country)... based upon their perceptions of this supposed "equality."

If your reading and comprehension skillz were up to par... you would have also noticed were I stated "in states where no collaboration or supervision is required" in my original response to JwDavis. So your attempts at a backslide and trying to make this about ME not knowing the specific laws in MASS is transparent and ill-conceived.

A simple... "oh... those posts were not directed at me or anything I posted... would suffice"... but you are tooo emotionally caught up into the game and to admit you were wrong is entirely tooo ego dystonic for you. Keep posting about this... its becoming clearer with each response.

Again... for you slow readers...

My initial post in this thread (and Andersen's) was directed solely at JwDavis... as evidenced by the arrows in my post pointing to JwDavis' post and the comments in my post about peri-care/toileting. My responses to JwDavis about the general and unfortunately nationally growing perception of NPs versus PAs concerning autonomy and the perceived increased medical liability that PAs carry was just that... a generalization that many a PA can attest to.

The fact of the matter simply boils down to:

NPs are winning the perception game using words like "collaboration" instead of "supervision" and therefore come across as less of a hassle and potential liability to work with and/or employ... NATIONWIDE.

Even in a court of law... the responsibilities to "supervise" someone versus "collaborate" with someone may/should hold different meanings and levels of liability. With the nuances of these words known, there are reports of lots of physician groups and health care organizations preferring NPs to limit their liability exposure.

... backsliding poor attempts at diversion...

Your nerve endings are soooo exposed that as soon as YOU seen my reply to JwDavis... you ASSumed that it was directed at you.

You then went on a defensive and spewed a bunch of nonsense. When it was pointed out that the response wasn't even directed at you... you attempted to backslide.

A simple public "oh... my bad that wasn't directed at me" would have been sufficient... but no, YOU continued the silliness.

And no... you don't get to make erroneous accusations in public... and then when you get called on them... get to choose to suddenly want to 'take it to PM' to save face and not have to admit that you were wrong. Atleast not until you have recanted the public accusations PUBLICALLY. You missed your opportunity to make this a private conversation/exchange when you posted your initial inflamatory response to my post... that again... wasn't even directed at you.

If you would have posted your initial response to me via PM this whole mess would have be averted because I would have made it clear to you via PM that I wasn'r even talking to/at you...

You have been here long enough to know that "calling me out" just ain't gonna go unmet/unanswered.

You are now trying to cover your mistake by making this about laws in MASS and asserting that "PA and NP are basically equal in MASS"...

The continued silliness of this is that apparently the employers don't think so (like in many parts of the country)... and seem to prefer NPs (like in many parts of the country)... based upon their perceptions of this supposed "equality."

If your reading and comprehension skillz were up to par... you would have also noticed were I stated "in states where no collaboration or supervision is required" in my original response to JwDavis. So your attempts at a backslide and trying to make this about ME not knowing the specific laws in MASS is transparent and ill-conceived.

A simple... "oh... those posts were not directed at me or anything I posted... would suffice"... but you are tooo emotionally caught up into the game and to admit you were wrong is entirely tooo ego dystonic for you. Keep posting about this... its becoming clearer with each response.

My initial post in this thread (and Andersen's) was directed solely at JwDavis... as evidenced by the arrows in my post pointing to JwDavis' post and the comments in my post about peri-care/toileting. My responses to JwDavis about the general and unfortunately nationally growing perception of NPs versus PAs concerning autonomy and the perceived increased medical liability that PAs carry was just that... a generalization that many a PA can attest to.

NPs are winning the perception game using words like "collaboration" instead of "supervision" and therefore come across as less of a hassle and potential liability to work with and/or employ... NATIONWIDE.

Even in a court of law... the responsibilities to "supervise" someone versus "collaborate" with someone may/should hold different meanings and levels of liability. With the nuances of these words known, there are reports of lots of physician groups and health care organizations preferring NPs to limit their liability exposure.

JwDavis...

LOTs of PA-Cs are former nurses.

Lots of PA-Cs practice with NPs, are used interchangably with them, respect them and see NO clinical distinction between them.

Lots of PA-Cs here try really hard to erase the tooo often unecessary contentiousness between the professions. (see clinician 1)

Some PA-Cs here attended dual PA/NP programs where there is NO difference between the two.

There are also some dual NP/PAs here.

JwDavis...

LOTs of PA-Cs are former nurses.

Lots of PA-Cs practice with NPs, are used interchangably with them, respect them and see NO clinical distinction between them.

Lots of PA-Cs here try really hard to erase the tooo often unecessary contentiousness between the professions. (see clinician 1)

Some PA-Cs here attended dual PA/NP programs where there is NO difference between the two.

There are also some dual NP/PAs here.

And no... you don't get to make erroneous accusations in public... and then when called on them... get to 'take it to PM' to save face.

Atleast not until you have recanted the public accusations PUBLICALLY.

My initial post in this thread (and Andersen's) was directed solely at JwDavis... as evidenced by the arrows in my post pointing to JwDavis' post and the comments in my post about peri-care/toileting. My responses to JwDavis about the general and unfortunately nationally growing perception of NPs versus PAs concerning autonomy and the precieved medical liability was just that... a generalization that many a PA can attest to.

NPs are winning the perception game and therefore come across as less of a hassle and potential liability to work with and/or employ... NATIONWIDE.

I can hear those tap dancing shoes flying across the wooden floor now - I didn't put words in your post, you made all those statements about your "knowledge" of why they were doing this. You posted a private message (is your choice but isn't there a reason for private messages?), as far as me being wrong - sorry just don't see it - you stated things you have no clue about and now are trying to turn it personal - good riddens Contrarian - I for one don't believe a word you post.... You seem to make to much of it up......

just found the ignore setting for your posts so I don't have to read any more of your banter and dribble.....

Archived