Explaining a previous "bad" grade in PS

Hey guys!

I tried to look for another thread to answer this but couldn't find it. I am 23 and graduated from college a year ago. Anyways, I'm working on my PS and wanted to know if I should talk about two C's that I received during my freshman year of college. I repeated both classes and received A's. Since schools already have my transcript in front of them and it shows that I've improved in those classes....should I even bother writing about it in my PS? Part of me wants to so they don't think I'm trying to ignore talking about those grades, but then again, sticking it in my PS seems to mess up the "positive" flow I have going....any input would be appreciated! Thank you!

Hey guys!

I tried to look for another thread to answer this but couldn't find it. I am 23 and graduated from college a year ago. Anyways, I'm working on my PS and wanted to know if I should talk about two C's that I received during my freshman year of college. I repeated both classes and received A's. Since schools already have my transcript in front of them and it shows that I've improved in those classes....should I even bother writing about it in my PS? Part of me wants to so they don't think I'm trying to ignore talking about those grades, but then again, sticking it in my PS seems to mess up the "positive" flow I have going....any input would be appreciated! Thank you!

I would suggest that it would only be worth addressing if there is really something of substance to say about it (i.e. if there was a specific reason for the grade that was beyond your control). If it was just a case of not focusing or needing to learn how to study better in a university setting or anything like that, I wouldn't bother mentioning it.

I would suggest that it would only be worth addressing if there is really something of substance to say about it (i.e. if there was a specific reason for the grade that was beyond your control). If it was just a case of not focusing or needing to learn how to study better in a university setting or anything like that, I wouldn't bother mentioning it.

Archived