best narcan response ever....

... narcan 2 mg intranasal...

Hey E...

Where did you guys snag the atomizers...??? (company & NSN-Stock number please)

I've been trying to convince folks at one of my jobs to switch to intranasal Benzos for our agitated combative patients... and would like to have this option at another job for detox.

Thanks

Contrarian

... narcan 2 mg intranasal...

Hey E...

Where did you guys snag the atomizers...??? (company & NSN-Stock number please)

I've been trying to convince folks at one of my jobs to switch to intranasal Benzos for our agitated combative patients... and would like to have this option at another job for detox.

Thanks

Contrarian

When I was a newish EMT, I was partnered with a very burnt-out medic who had the craziest narcan wakeup I've ever heard of. He responded to a respiratory arrest/heroin OD. After intubating the patient, he started an IV and pushed narcan, promptly waking the patient up. Instead of extubating the patient, he kept the tube in and transported. When they got to the ED, he had the patient stand up and stick out his index finger. He then hung the IV bag on the patients finger and walked him, ET tube still in place, into triage!!

When I was a newish EMT, I was partnered with a very burnt-out medic who had the craziest narcan wakeup I've ever heard of. He responded to a respiratory arrest/heroin OD. After intubating the patient, he started an IV and pushed narcan, promptly waking the patient up. Instead of extubating the patient, he kept the tube in and transported. When they got to the ED, he had the patient stand up and stick out his index finger. He then hung the IV bag on the patients finger and walked him, ET tube still in place, into triage!!

Archived