Interviews!!!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi tennisfreak. I'm in the same boat. My interview was waaay back in August and I still have not heard anything. According to Shirley McGraw, this means the admissions committee has not yet made a decision. I'm sure this is probably what is going on with you too.

Yes, some candidates who have been interviewed have already received letters of rejection. I think we should keep praying that we get in because we still have a chance!

Also, Shirley said we will know about a rejection/acceptance/waitlist by next month!

Jaaldana & Tennisfreak--glad to see I am in good company. I interviewed in August as well and have not heard back. Any confirmation on the number they will accept this year? I have seen mention of up to 105 students, but that is certainly different from what they told us back in August so I am not getting my hopes up just yet. I emailed Ms. McGraw a few weeks ago to just touch base and let her know I was still interested. Praying for good news soon! Best of luck, and please keep us updated if you hear anything! I will do the same!

Guest askyoulc

Did you get a response from Shirley McGraw? I emailed her about something else, just to update my application, and never heard back from her. Don't know if she didn't receive it or if she's just super swamped. I don't want to email her again because I don't wanna be the one who constantly bugs her.

Askyoulc: I think you should give Shirley a couple of days to get back to you. She's pretty good about sending responses to emails in a timely manner.

Jkennedy2009: I heard there could be up to 105 students accepted also, but more recently I heard the total number of students would be around 90. Hoping we hear some good news next month!

Hey congratulations! I just received my acceptance on Thursday too, and I'm so excited! I wanted to make sure though that all we needed to do was accept it online...I still feel like I should be preparing in some other way. I just found the facebook group, and I'm going to call enrollment services today about financial aid. Is there anything else? I'm freaking out, haha!

Hey congratulations! I just received my acceptance on Thursday too, and I'm so excited! I wanted to make sure though that all we needed to do was accept it online...I still feel like I should be preparing in some other way. I just found the facebook group, and I'm going to call enrollment services today about financial aid. Is there anything else? I'm freaking out, haha!

UT and A&M are the 5th and 6th biggest universities in the country. The chance of a larger number of students being accepted from those schools to a public PA school in Texas is great based solely on numbers. Not to mention the types of applicants coming from those schools...

Aggie here:

Word from our advisor is that about 45% of Aggies that apply each year got into PA school. Not sure if that's 1st time, 2nd time, or what, but it's a significant number above average given that there's a 3-5% acceptance rate. I would say nearly half of the people interviewing with me were Aggies.

PA schools tell us "we've never had an Aggie do poorly." The program for Biology/BIMS is quite intense and hammers several of the right nails for PA school. Most of us come out with course-work that goes beyond the Pre-reqs (Immunology, Biochem 1/2, etc.) if you tack on the fact that A&M is a top-tier university in Texas, then you know that you have a knowledgeable class.

Additionally, they tend to take more in-state people, which gives an even bigger advantage. And, most of the faculty in PA programs come from A&M, so they understand the rigors of the program.

In essence, there is a bit of a numbers game, but there's also been some proven success from these programs that make graduates more appealing.

Archived