Outpt IM position

Hi everyone,

I am a new grad and recently started working in a small 2 doctor outpt IM practice. I am their first PA. I like my job thus far and plan to stay, but I wanted to get some opinions on how my salary and benefits compare to other primary care PA positions. I know that this field tends to pay less than others. I also live in a state that is over-saturated with PAs and the average salary tends to be lower than most states. Below are the details. I'd love some feedback so that next year when I renegotiate my salary/benefits I have a little more insight.

Salary: starting at $65,000. After 6 months: $67,500 and at 1 year: $70,000

CME: $750/ yr with 2 PTO days for CME

Vacation: 3 weeks PTO and 5 paid sick leave days

Benefits: I do not need benefits. I am paid $100/month for fringe benefits and in the event that I do need medical, they will pay $300/month. They do not offer insurance through the practice. After 1 year Employer will also include Employee in the SEP IRA plan.

State licensing fees paid - ends up to be ~$200

Professional liability insurance covered, tail coverage will be paid by them if I stay > 2 years.

Opportunity for bonus if I generate > $150,000 in income for the practice

I appreciate the feedback! Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I am a new grad and recently started working in a small 2 doctor outpt IM practice. I am their first PA. I like my job thus far and plan to stay, but I wanted to get some opinions on how my salary and benefits compare to other primary care PA positions. I know that this field tends to pay less than others. I also live in a state that is over-saturated with PAs and the average salary tends to be lower than most states. Below are the details. I'd love some feedback so that next year when I renegotiate my salary/benefits I have a little more insight.

Salary: starting at $65,000. After 6 months: $67,500 and at 1 year: $70,000

CME: $750/ yr with 2 PTO days for CME

Vacation: 3 weeks PTO and 5 paid sick leave days

Benefits: I do not need benefits. I am paid $100/month for fringe benefits and in the event that I do need medical, they will pay $300/month. They do not offer insurance through the practice. After 1 year Employer will also include Employee in the SEP IRA plan.

State licensing fees paid - ends up to be ~$200

Professional liability insurance covered, tail coverage will be paid by them if I stay > 2 years.

Opportunity for bonus if I generate > $150,000 in income for the practice

I appreciate the feedback! Thanks!

Archived