2011/2012 Application cyle!

• Administrator

Downtown Portland, Beaverton, or farther away from the campus are all good options. If you're going to stay in Hillsboro, though, I would recommend a hotel closer to an Intel campus, rather than one within walking distance of the Pacific health professions campus. There are plenty of good hotels in the area... but the ones within walking distance of the campus aren't them.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not a bad idea, you'll just have to either drive a little farther or take the train for a longer ride. There is a light rail train that goes from the airport out to one block from Pacific. If you go to their website and put in the address of your starting point and destination, it will tell you what train to take and how long it will take (http://www.trimet.org). But traffic on Saturdays, especially that early in the morning is totally fine. You shouldn't run into any rush hour on the weekend. Plus you'll get a good idea of what the city is like because you'll be driving through it! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheryl

It's not a bad idea, you'll just have to either drive a little farther or take the train for a longer ride. There is a light rail train that goes from the airport out to one block from Pacific. If you go to their website and put in the address of your starting point and destination, it will tell you what train to take and how long it will take (http://www.trimet.org). But traffic on Saturdays, especially that early in the morning is totally fine. You shouldn't run into any rush hour on the weekend. Plus you'll get a good idea of what the city is like because you'll be driving through it! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheryl

Hey y'all! It was so nice to meet everyone at the Oct 22 interview. I'm on a committee hold, which I think from Leah's email means I'm on the waitlist for sure! Good luck everyone!

--Jamie from Utah

Cheryl, are you the one I was talking to about the upcoming Utah interviews? If so, good luck!

Can the people who had their interview on Oct 22 share some insight/questions during the interview?

Thanks!

I received an email this morning inviting me to interview on October 22. I submitted my CASPA on August 8. I'm so excited!!!! I look forward to meeting the other candidates at the interview :)

I used the Andrew Rodican book to prepare for the interview and wasn't asked anything out of left field. They had 7 or 8 pairs of interviewers though, and it sounds like different people had different experiences. The only issue I had was that the day was filled with lots of information about the program, so I had most of my questions answered prior to my actual interview! I would suggest having a list of questions to ask the interviewers because you'll have time to ask them about the program. Relax and good luck :)

Hi! I got my supplemental in to Pacific kind of last minute, like on 1 Oct. I still haven't heard anything from them... Is this good or bad? I mean, are there more interview dates after November? This is one of my top choices, and I am getting a little anxious b/c I have only heard back from 3 of the 13 schools (1 interview, 2 rejects)... Trying to be patient, but, well, you know how it is! Thanks for any insight anyone can provide!

Archived