2011/2012 Application cyle!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I called them about something else and the woman on the phone told me that there was no advantage to submitting my supplemental application before the deadline; that it was better to wait and include my summer grades on the supplemental, so it sounds like they don't look at much until Sept.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, I am flying in on Friday morning. Would you recommend renting a car or is public transit sufficient? I've never been to Portland and I have no idea where to stay. I know the recommendatons from the school suggest staying in Hillsboro but I have a friend who works for a hotel chain who can get me a deal at a hotel in Portland. How is traffic on a Saturday commute from Portland to Hillsboro? Any info would be great. Thanks Pedra!

There is a great light rail train that goes from downtown to one block away from the building where the interviews will be. If you can get a deal on a hotel, I would definitely stay in Portland and it will be easy to get from downtown to the school. Also, the train goes from the airport to downtown. If you want to save money and not rent a car, it's super easy to get around without a car. The cost of the train is around $1.35 or so, so definitely more affordable than a car rental! The website for public transportation is www.trimet.org. You can type in when you want to arrive at a specific address and it will tell you what train to take and what time to leave. Plus then you don't have to worry about getting lost while driving. If you have any other questions let me know!

-Cheryl

antfarm54:

As I mentioned above, Portland has a great public transportation system. You can get from the airport to downtown via light rail train, and this train also goes right out to the campus where the interviews will be held (the stop is one block from the school). If you want to save money and not rent a car, this is the place to do it! Check out www.trimet.org. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Archived