IL State Licensure

Hello all. I am a brand new PA-C as of June this year. I am starting to apply for my IL state licensure but I am not sure which application to fill out. Do I fill out the “Acceptance of Examination” or “Endorsement”? they look the same and I’m not really sure what the difference is. I looked at some previous posts and it seems that I should fill out the Acceptance of Examination. However, I still don’t know the difference between the two and just want to be sure. Also, when do I fill out the prescriptive authority stuff? And which do I fill out. I am merely applying for jobs now-don’t have a job lined up yet. Thank you :)

Hello all. I am a brand new PA-C as of June this year. I am starting to apply for my IL state licensure but I am not sure which application to fill out. Do I fill out the “Acceptance of Examination” or “Endorsement”? they look the same and I’m not really sure what the difference is. I looked at some previous posts and it seems that I should fill out the Acceptance of Examination. However, I still don’t know the difference between the two and just want to be sure. Also, when do I fill out the prescriptive authority stuff? And which do I fill out. I am merely applying for jobs now-don’t have a job lined up yet. Thank you :)

First of all let me just say you sound incredibly intelligent and you must be equally beautiful. What I would do is apply for licensure with a picture of yourself because Illinois is likely to pay you to work in their state when they see your picture.

First of all let me just say you sound incredibly intelligent and you must be equally beautiful. What I would do is apply for licensure with a picture of yourself because Illinois is likely to pay you to work in their state when they see your picture.

• 2 months later...

wow! Contrarian is smiling !!! who'da thunk it??

but enough fun. I have an Illinois license. the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional regulation (bless their little hearts) has a site listing all the licensure forms you will need ... you are going to use the Acceptance of Examination (or testing). NOT endoresement. you apply for your Illinois Physician Assistant License. you do this with or w/o being employed in Illinois or anywhere else.

the Prescriptive authority form can only be submitted AFTER you have a job & SP.

and Illinois is not a quick-approval state. you can count on one to several months after all documentation has been received by them. they are not lazy, they are backlogged for other political reasons. it is rare to get thru to them on the phone.

if things lag, drive to Springfield and do face-to-face. it is very effective and they are not upset with you for doing so. I've been in their waiting room many a'time. good luck.:smile:

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone-

I am graduating this May from a PA program in Louisiana. I'm looking to possibly move back to Illinois (born and raised in Springfield) and was wondering about licensure in the state since I've been gone a few years. Is there a temporary license you're able to practice on until you've taken the PANCE? Here in LA, we're able to practice on a temp license until we've taken/passed the PANCE, but have been unable to find such forms for IL. Any information anyone can give me is greatly appreciated!

I was getting licensed during the staff shortages and it took me a little over 2 months from the time of submission of my materials to get my license (which I'm told in IL really isn't too bad during times of full staffing in the department). During the shortage the state had one of the licensers that was sent to another department continue to process PA license requests due to the fact that the stand still came about because of a state medical fund issue funded by MD/DO licensure fees and not PA fees. The staffing levels are being fixed now, but I agree there will likely still be some lengthy wait times for licenses.

I was getting licensed during the staff shortages and it took me a little over 2 months from the time of submission of my materials to get my license (which I'm told in IL really isn't too bad during times of full staffing in the department). During the shortage the state had one of the licensers that was sent to another department continue to process PA license requests due to the fact that the stand still came about because of a state medical fund issue funded by MD/DO licensure fees and not PA fees. The staffing levels are being fixed now, but I agree there will likely still be some lengthy wait times for licenses.

Archived