Logistics of moonlighting

I practice in NJ. I am leaving my current position to work full time at the local hospital. A couple of the docs have expressed an interest in having me still take call with them. It would involve taking phone calls from both in patients and out patients for the group. Since we all will still work at the same hospital I will have privileges there. My question is what do I do about insurance coverage in this setting. My new job will only be inpatient work at the hospital. How does working under a supervising doc work. Do I have to let anyone know at the state level? Any idea who I might contact to check.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

I practice in NJ. I am leaving my current position to work full time at the local hospital. A couple of the docs have expressed an interest in having me still take call with them. It would involve taking phone calls from both in patients and out patients for the group. Since we all will still work at the same hospital I will have privileges there. My question is what do I do about insurance coverage in this setting. My new job will only be inpatient work at the hospital. How does working under a supervising doc work. Do I have to let anyone know at the state level? Any idea who I might contact to check.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

your doc's that are having you take call would have to provide the insurance - do ALOT of research on call rates prior to saying yes - they should be paying a lot more then a few bucks and hour -

500-1000 for a full weekend is reasonable

search threads

it is a HUGE quality of life issue and if you give your services away to cheap it hurts all the other pa's trying to get paid for it....

your doc's that are having you take call would have to provide the insurance - do ALOT of research on call rates prior to saying yes - they should be paying a lot more then a few bucks and hour -

500-1000 for a full weekend is reasonable

search threads

it is a HUGE quality of life issue and if you give your services away to cheap it hurts all the other pa's trying to get paid for it....

Archived