Sign in to follow this  
Guest tmertens

any dental people out there?

Guest tmertens

I am a registered dental hygienist and I was wondering if UTSW considers this as adequate "hands on"?? Does anyone know anyone or heard of any dental people getting into this program?

thanks!:)

I have search and search for the answer to this question as I, too, am a Registered Dental Hygienist for 10yrs. Although the questions was posted in 2009, I would love for any to give a response to it. After 10yrs I'm looking for a career chance with more "medical" hands on care. Thanks!

Yeah, you'll be golden with that experience. Ahead of most students that UTSW accepts. UTSW seems to place much more emphasis on grades than patient experience.

Have you contacted the school to see if they will accept your dental hygienist experience? UTSW now requires you to have 200 hrs of documented clinical experience. You may want to double check.

I respectfully disagree

I agree with Khoi. My grades were in no way stellar, 3.3, but I had a LOT of hands on experience. They want to find the right mix of students, not just one kind!