Calling all ER residency trained PA's.....and non-residency trained ER PA's

I just finished my 1st year of PA school and I'm working on my Master's "capstone" project which focuses on post-grad ER residency programs. It won't be published or anything so I don't have an IRB. It's basically just a qualitative opinion based paper that aims to look at the effectiveness of these programs (looking through the forums, there seems to be many differing opinions on this topic). I'm looking for PA's who have completed an ER residency program to ask them some questions about how it has affected their practice. I would also love to hear from any PA's who work with residency-trained PA's. I can assure complete anonymity for both the participant and their program if they wish to disclose that information. Just send me a private message with your contact info and I will e-mail you my brief "survey". Also, if you know of anyone not on this forum that may be interested or have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to help me! :=D:

not an er residency grad myself(there were no er residencies when I graduated or I would have attended) but I have worked with several er residency grads in the past(and still work with one). they are way ahead of the vast majority of pa's with similar years of experience. the ability to focus on learning skills and not worry about pts seen/hr can only happen in the formal setting of a residency. for example a friend of mine was having problems with closed reductions of ankle fractures so the program arranged for him to spend an entire day doing nothing but closed reductions of ankle fractures with an orthopedist. he did more ankle reductions in that one day than I have done in my entire career and more importantly he did them alongside an orthopedist who was focused on giving him the best educational experience possible. you can't replicate something like that at aa typical job.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived