Class of 2014

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to all of the new Dukies!! :D I (we) can't wait to meet you (again) in August!! One thing that our class (and the one before, and probably the one before) did was make a [closed] Facebook group... as we were accepted we joined it and started meeting our new classmates and the class of 2012!! If any of you make one (maybe "Duke PA Class of 2014"), post it on here and we (2012s & 2013s can join in- if you want us- to give you advice and answer any questions you may have about the move, Durham, etc). I say [closed] because you probably don't want to be broadcasting your Duke stuff all over facebook. Just sayin'.

Congratulations again!!!!

I received an email invite yesterday for an interview January 23. Anyone else have an interview that day?

To those of you that have already been through the interview process...

1. What's the format like? Groups? Individual interviews? How many interviews? How many interviewers?

2. What the dress code like?

3. What kinds of questions? Is it a getting to know you kind of thing or are they diving into health care policy and things like that?

4. How long before you heard back about getting accepted or not?

5. Anything else worth mentioning?

Thanks!

Hi Kelsey,

The format is great. You start in a conference room where they tell you about the program. Afterwards they give you a tour and then eat lunch. Finally, you'll have interviews. The interviews are really just to get to know you better so don't stress at all! There are 2 interviews, each with 2 faculty and 1 group exercise. The dress code is professional, for sure. I think they really want to know about YOU more than health policy. I heard back in less than 1 week- they are REALLY quick. They said if you don't hear back in 2 weeks, you are probably a "maybe."

Hope that helps!

Best of luck!

For those of you who have been interviewed/accepted, would you mind telling when you applied and when you were invited for an interview? Thanks! :)

(My CASPA was received by Duke on 10/24 and I completed the supplemental probably 2 weeks later, and I still haven't heard back so I'm just trying to gauge their timeline...)

I'm not sure there really is a timeline. My application was complete with them on Aug 31st, supplemental and CASPA, and I still have not heard anything. I was worried maybe I missed some email or letter so I called them last week and they said there had still been no decision made on an interview, even after 3 months. Talk about nerve racking.....I also have a friend who had everything submitted around Oct 15 and she received an invitation to interview a few weeks ago. So I guess it really depends on how good you look on paper....

I submitted my CASPA on 8/4. I got a supplemental email on Aug 15th and completed my supplemental on that exact day (the priority review deadline). I was invited for an interview on Sept 15th for Nov 7th. I found out 7 days later (Nov 14th) that I was accepted. I def. think that the Aug 15th deadline (the priority review application deadline) makes a big difference as to when your application is going to be reviewed and when you are invited for an interview. I hope this helps and good luck, there is still a LOT of time left!

Thanks for all your replies, guess I keep trying to be patient! I definitely learned the importance of applying early though, wish I would have known this earlier. Seems I put myself at risk especially with some other programs...

applying early just means you may or may not interview earlier. I have classmates who got in in january/february. so although you may interview later it doesn't mean it hurts your chances of getting in.

Archived