Class of 2014

Aloha. I thought we could start a thread for those of us applying to Duke to enter fall 2012.

I have waited a year just to be able to apply to Duke's program. I grew up in NC and am so hopeful about this application cycle and the chance of perhaps being accepted.

If anyone would like to share about their experiences in the application process or their plans and so forth, I'd love to hear.

Best of luck to you all..!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just recently started narrowing down my schools and duke is def near the top. I hear they have a great surgical focus which is what I like... any idea on how many students they've selected and/or how many slots are still open? I'm not submitted my application till after summer b is over, which is mid august.

Thomas in Florida :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Just recently started narrowing down my schools and duke is def near the top. I hear they have a great surgical focus which is what I like... any idea on how many students they've selected and/or how many slots are still open? I'm not submitted my application till after summer b is over, which is mid august.

Thomas in Florida :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Hi,

Just thinking about the supplemental application and the required essay. I realize that the essay asks "in addition to professional healthcare experience" regarding growth as a person and definition of life goals. So much of what I consider my personal growth and definition of life goals deals with healthcare. Do you guys thinks it is unacceptable to write about healthcare in this essay?

I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks.

I was wondering about this also and asked a PA friend for advice...This is what we decided: The school wants to know MORE about you. They already know you are interested in healthcare. If there is something else in your life that is interesting and has played a role in who you are, then definitely talk about that. If the only interesting thing in your life has to do with healthcare, then go ahead and use that.

Mine had to do with general health and wellness, exercise, diet etc so it was kind of a mix of the two. Then I used another non-health related example in the 3rd essay where you have the chance to express anything else you feel was left out.

• 2 months later...

Hey all, I submitted my Caspa and supplemental app already but couldnt figure out if there was some sort of secondary fee that needed to pay like other schools have. Did anyone pay a supp app fee and if so where did you find this info and where did you pay it? I emailed Wendy end of last week about this and have no heard back. Any info is appreciated. Thanks and good luck to all applicants!!!!!

Archived