Including career goals in PS?

Hi everyone!! I am applying to Rocky Mountain PA school this summer once I finish up my summer classes. I am trying to organize my PS. I currently work and volunteer at the urban Indian clinic, Missoula Indian Center in Missoula, MT (~500hrs). My ultimate career goal is to work at an IHS (Indian Health Service) site as a PA. The Native American population is the most underserved community in my state/region on Montana. Should I mention that I want to do this in my PS? Or should I be more broad and say I want to work with the underserved given my experience at the Missoula Indian Center.

Thank you for your help!!!

i like the approach of "where I've been/what I've done...what I am doing now...and what I hope to do in the future". Shows logical progression, life experience, a good plan...I can't see the harm of including the IHS plan. My roommate here at Medex is awaiting to hear of his results from applying to their scholarship. If he gets it, it'll be sooo sweet for him. Definatly worth you looking into once you get picked up for school

• 1 year later...

I received the IHS scholarship. Very excited. I think that any mention of your plans is positive. Any info from knowledgeable people about what I am in for? I am also from montana and grew up on a reservation so I have a good idea. That isn't necessarily the same as working within IHS. Thanks for any tips or advice.

Archived