Anyone applying for the class of 2014?

i guess my initial post didn't go up... but wanted to give some encouragement to those who are getting ready for interviews... the interview process was fairly laid back and the staff were really good at trying to make people comfortable and not intimidated. They make a point to tell you that the process is very competitive, interviewing only around 80 of the approximately 500-600+ applicants. Everyone who interviews is capable, and they're trying to see if its a "good fit". They spend time trying to get to know you and putting faces with names, and are glad to have you ask questions to "interview" them as well. Overall, the interview process was really positive for everyone I think, and there is a good amount of time built in to see the facility, get to know current students, and familiarize yourself with staff. Good Luck!

"Just got denial letter today. Anyone that got an interview willing to post your stats (GPA/GRE score/ Volunteer hours)?"

Sorry about the denial. Just because you didn't get an interview, don't give up. Keep in mind that around 600+ applicants apply and they interview less than 100 (more like 75). Here are my stats, there were some with much less healthcare but more sciences, and vice versa... the room was full of varying backgrounds, so keep trying!!!

(CASPA calculations)

Non-science GPA 3.96,

Sciences 3.78 (also had every single "recommended" course except Physics and Calculus)

GRE: Math 690

Verbal 510

Writing 5.5

I have very little "volunteer" experience, but around 10,000 hours of paid patient care experience.

There were others with lower GPAs and less patient care, they really seemed to look for well-rounded applicants who work well together. As far as I can tell, except for maybe the MCAT, PA school is harder to get into than medical school! Good luck at other schools, hopefully others will post stats!

"Just got denial letter today. Anyone that got an interview willing to post your stats (GPA/GRE score/ Volunteer hours)?"

Sure, no problem.

Non-science GPA 3.88

Sciences 3.92 (I had every recommended course except the human physiology lab)

GRE: Math 660

Verbal 640

Writing 4.5

Direct pt care was roughly 9500 hrs

Other healthcare was about 1000 hrs

Research 360 hrs

Volunteer/Community service about 100 hrs, plus prior military.

Hope that helps and good luck! Keep trying!

• 3 weeks later...
I am just curious as to whether any other applicants here got an e-mail request for a 4th letter of recommendation (another one to be sent directly to the school, in addition to the three they already received from CASPA)?

Thanks!

-TMB123-

I was asked for a 4th letter as well. Tony R. said it is pretty common practice that they may ask for an additional one.

Hey Everyone,

Got my acceptance letter via snail mail today.... Good luck to everyone else!

Congratulations, raran001! :) So it took them about 3 1/2 weeks to let you know. Not a bad turn-around time at all. I think most schools take longer than that to inform applicants.

-TMB123-

• 1 month later...
TMB123 -

I inteview yesterday and they said that they would get together on Thursday and decide for the past 2 or 3 groups which they have interviewed. They said letters would be sent out at the begining of next week. Sorry you've had to wait so long.

@Nancy D - Thanks for the information! Waiting to hear back is always so nerve-racking. :P I know they had an interview date 09/26 and 10/10 so I thought they were interviewing every other Monday, but since you interviewed 11/14 that throws my assumed pattern off. So I'm not sure 10/10 is included in the last 2 - 3 groups. Just have to keep waiting and hoping! :) Good luck to you!

-TMB123-

• 2 weeks later...

Archived