Working a Full and Part time position as a new grad

I will be graduating soon. I have 30K in school debt. I am looking into the HRSA loan repayment but don't feel that the fulltime two year commitment is worth it for me because I only have $30K in debt (They will pay upto 60K but you must work a minimum of 2 year). The other option that looked like the best fit for my situation was 30K for two years of part-time service minimum 20Hr/wk.

This would put me working as a new grad one full time and one part time position. Minimum of 60 hours/wk. However, I like the idea of having my loans repaid.

Have you worked two PA jobs concurrently? What thoughts/advice do you?

It might be kindof tough to find 2 part-time jobs that would dovetail well as a new grad. There are a number of folks on here who have had a tough time finding jobs as new grads. Your payments shouldn't be too bad on that amount...why not put out feelers, and see what sorts of offers you get for full-time work. And hit the forum archives and read about people feeling overwhelmed at their new jobs and how they adjust to theC after their names.

I'm per diem 1-2 days a week and part time 3 days /wk and I attend graduate school FT (for something else) , hoping to quit this overloaded lifestyle in 2 years. But it's possible....but for new grads try focusing on getting that initial job first.. i can tell you it's a little harder than it was 5 years ago.

currently I work 1 full time, 1 part time, and 1 per diem job.

in the past I have worked 2 full time jobs at the same time( one was 10 days/mo and 1 was 12 days/mo). wouldn't recommend that but full time benefits from 2 jobs is awesome! $3700/yr cme !

at some point in the distant future I would like 1 full time job and some teaching on the side.

as Ventanna pointed out multiple jobs is possible but often hard on the scial and sleep schedule. I used to get off shift at job #1 at 2 am and have to be at job #2 at 7 am. did that for 2 years. not fun.

Archived